3rd Game of Thrones Teaser Upcoming

Westeros

If it's that, it does not make that much sense, either. I just reread the Cersei-Ned-conversation in the Godswood, and although I do not insist that it has to be exactly as the book, the spirit in this scene seems to be as if Ned was on the brink of joining Cersei and Joffrey.

'The spirit in this scene'? What does that refer to? I'm frankly puzzled by this suggestion, having watched the scene three or four times now. To me, there isn't anything to indicate that at all. Cersei's comment is disparaging Ned, Ned's warning her. And that's all we see.

I'd guess it's just because doing a fight on horseback is probably a lot harder; it's going to be harder to make the horses look like they are convincingly charging each other, etc., without anybody getting hurt, and you'd probably have to use expert riders as stunt doubles

All fair points.

But I do think Ned has to get injured. Even though Jaime tells his men not to kill Ned, given how all his men die, surviving unharmed would be a bit strange. It just doesn't need to be a broken leg. Otherwise they'll have to think up another reason for him to stay behind in KL when Gregor attacks. In the teaser they make a point about Ned killing the man he condemns.

The Eddard/Cersei scene displayed doesn't need to be the Eddard Cersei scene. The producers might want to spice up their relationship with an extra antagonistic scene. Before he learns the truth about her.

Holy shit, that kid that is playing Bran is fantastic. What a beautiful child - and such an expressive face. I'm glad they didn't change his hair to be red, as he looks great with his dark hair.

On that note, there's going to be changes, obviously. Hair color, eye color, some setting, costumes, some dialogue, etc. Most characters are older, some are younger, some are better looking than expected, some not as much as many people imagined. Some of the adjustments will make sense to allow for translation to the visual medium, other changes will seem unnecessary to the outsider. But I hope fans don't nitpick too much on this and instead focus on the amazing level of details and care they are showing thus far - be glad HBO is making this and not Syfy or something. I expect the finished product to be top notch, and with the advancement of the series and the storyline, to only get better.

Am I the only one who pictured King's Landing in a completely different way? More medieval...

That came to my mind, as well. Not it being 'more medieval' perse. Simply find it too 'pretty'. The lighting and colour used is fairly strong. I've always thought it'd look more like a cesspit. Perhaps they'll downtone it later, in indication of the city's poor management.

That Ned-Cersei scene is clearly a new one, and not the Godswood discussion at all. If you look over AGoT, Eddard's on-page interactions with Cersei are very few in number. They've decided to fit in some other occasions in which they clash.

The lightness and airiness of the Red Keep appears aimed at giving a sense of a more Mediterranean, warm, bountiful climate. This was, I expect, partially dictated by the Maltaese location. That bit of King's Landing we see, though, is supposed to be Chataya's brothel on the Street of Silk, and it seems reasonable that it'd be a fine establishment with a nice courtyard in front and all.

I loved it!

Tyrion slapping Joffrey was the best part. :)

I've said this before but Peter Dinklage just isn't ugly even though that's the vibe we get of Tyrion's appearance in the books and I'm pretty disappointed, albeit not surprised, that they didn't do anything with makeup to distort his facial features.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Leana Heady looks way too sweet, innocent, pleasant and gentle to play Cersei? I'm really excited to see how she portrays the character!

Actually, come to think of it, most of the actors look nothing like what I expected the characters to look like (except maybe Joff and Bran) but they all seem to convey their characters incredibly well!

See, I think people get this really wrong. I've never believed Tyrion was really all that ugly (apart maybe from the mismatched eyes - that could be a bit off-putting, like he was a changeling or something), he was just perceived as ugly because he's a dwarf and dwarfs tend to have blunt disproportionate features compared to a normal person.

Gotta Love the Tyrion slap too. That looks ripped right off the page.

No, I pictured it as a quintessential medieval city. From the inside the production materials they're indicating that they're going for a more Medeteranian feel with it. I suspect that the drastic changes in the feel of the different locations, the different lightings and armor types (ie: Lannister guards being Samurai-esque) are meant to give the viewer a way to visually distinguish between the various, diverse places and cultures of Westeros and the rest of Martin's world. Granted, I guess I always did picture King's Landing as having more of a Meddeteranian climate because of it's implied latitude with various free cities we've seen but I've never really given it much thought.

I'd think of the area around King's Landing as maybe mid-France or Southern France in terms of climate.

If The North is like Scandinavia/Northern Britain, say the Vale and the Riverlands are kinda Germany-England, The West like Northern France (Normandy-ish?)

I'd think that King's Landing would be sort of like medieval Paris.

What a great way to start the morning! Dinklage's scene where he's surrounded by men with drawn swords looks perfect. Sean Bean also really delivers his lines well!

With that "I was trained to kill" comment, I sort of get the feeling they're making Eddard a little more badass for the show then he was in the books. Although that might not be true. I know Ned was a good guy, but I think I sometimes forget he was still a Stark. His first scene is an execution and he killed two or three Lannister men when confronting the Kingslayer and drew a dagger on Littlefinger. While he was no Arthur Dayne, he was still a formidable dangerous man.

Holy shit, that kid that is playing Bran is fantastic. What a beautiful child - and such an expressive face. I'm glad they didn't change his hair to be red, as he looks great with his dark hair.

On that note, there's going to be changes, obviously. Hair color, eye color, some setting, costumes, some dialogue, etc. Most characters are older, some are younger, some are better looking than expected, some not as much as many people imagined. Some of the adjustments will make sense to allow for translation to the visual medium, other changes will seem unnecessary to the outsider. But I hope fans don't nitpick too much on this and instead focus on the amazing level of details and care they are showing thus far - be glad HBO is making this and not Syfy or something. I expect the finished product to be top notch, and with the advancement of the series and the storyline, to only get better.

:thumbsup:

I will say this . . . do not ever mention SyFy in conjunction with this project again. I shall have nightmares forever. =D

Ahem, I thought Eddard was too soft when asking Bran about the beheading. Too expressive and caring.

Bran hasnt shown a flicker of emotion and is nothing but a pretty face with glassed expression. (hopefully it will get better)

Why is Drogo wearing eyeliner and makeup around his eyes? He looks like an emo f****.

Old Nan sounds artificial, fake and forcing it. (on repeated views it sounds worse and worse... gawd its atrocious actually, ugh)

Im sure Tyrion will look more rugged and ugly without half of his nose and a beard (no chance of that actually being filmed).

A short shot of Shae riding Tyrion was interesting, kinda.

-edit- or maybe not, its too early for Shae to appear and thats probably not the actress anyway.

Ice looks nice, .. eh.

And Daenerys gets better and better with every scene. :)

That's clearly new dialogue from Robert talking about "knowing a war is coming." Curious just how he knows this. Maybe it's just a gut feeling, like he can taste it on wind, seeing as how he's been though several by this point. The irony, of course, is that he won't see this war, which I don't expect is what he's thinking.

My impression (from the gloomy background) was that the conversation was taking place at Winterfel, which likely makes it part of Robert's Hand recruitment speech to Ned. In the books Robert does seem to be feel besieged at Court since Jon Arynns death and wants Ned there with him so he'll have at least one person he can trust. Maybe they've expanded on that by making him a bit more specifically aware of the danger he's in.

With that "I was trained to kill" comment, I sort of get the feeling they're making Eddard a little more badass for the show then he was in the books.

That would be consistent with some dialogue changes we saw in the pilot script.

Yes. I'm very curious about this too. Ned almost escaping on horse but turning back to help Jory is a good idea. He does need to be injured in some way after this clash

I really don't believe that Eddard would flee from the fight and leave one of his men behind. That wouldn't sit right with the character of Eddard. He is a man who sits one of his common men at his table every night so that he can get to know him and vice versa. I just wouldn't believe that Eddard would allow Jory to be left behind to die for him.

The only way that Eddard can be stopped from fighting on in this fight is to have him injured. I don't think that he would just stop. Maybe it is the arrival of the Goldcloaks that causes that break in the action? I think that Jaime and Eddard have to cross swords at some point during this battle. This is the dramatic climax of that relationship that will have been built up from the Pilot episode. This fight is the payoff.

I expect that we will get part of the Tower Of Joy sequence during the episode: it does mirror nicely. Eddard fighting knights of the Kingsguard and his friends dying.

As you say Padraig, Eddard has to be injured or he would go after The Mountain that rides himself.

My impression (from the gloomy background) was that the conversation was taking place at Winterfel, which likely makes it part of Robert's Hand recruitment speech to Ned. In the books Robert does seem to be feel besieged at Court since Jon Arynns death and wants Ned there with him so he'll have at least one person he can trust. Maybe they've expanded on that by making him a bit more specifically aware of the danger he's in.

I think that sequence is probably when Ned and Robert go hunting together, just the two of them, while Robert is in the North. They talk about a bunch of things in that scene. That line is not a part of it, but it easily could have been.

Ahem, I thought Eddard was too soft when asking Bran about the beheading. Too expressive and caring.

Bran hasnt shown a flicker of emotion and is nothing but a pretty face with glassed expression. (hopefully it will get better)

Why is Drogo wearing eyeliner and makeup around his eyes? He looks like an emo f****.

Old Nan sounds artificial, fake and forcing it. (on repeated views it sounds worse and worse... gawd its atrocious actually, ugh)

Im sure Tyrion will look more rugged and ugly without half of his nose and a beard (no chance of that actually being filmed).

-edit- or maybe not, its too early for Shae to appear and thats probably not the actress anyway.

Ice looks nice, .. eh.

Wow. :stunned: Nitpick much?

Um, Eddard was kind to Bran when they were riding back from the execution. I'm fairly certain that's explicitly stated.

Ice looks nice, .. eh.

Are you seriously going to be like this every time a new episode comes out, too? Just tell me now so I can skip your posts. :) Debbie Downer!

Huh, SmilingKnight, I thought Old Nan's narration got better each time I listened to the trailer. It's fascinating to me how people can watch the same thing and come away with such opposite opinions! I do agree with liking the way Dany looks more each time I see her. :) As for her eyes that's been mentioned by others, I don't think her eyes needed to be violet for the show. Her hair gives her enough of an exotic look about her. I do kind of wish they'd given Dinklage mismatched eyes. My brother has different colored eyes, and I'm trying to get him into the series, so I think he would have gotten a kick out of that aspect of Tyrion.

Archived