3rd Game of Thrones Teaser Upcoming

Westeros

Excuse me for not gushing all over myself at every little thing or choice the producers made.

After all, somebody here should keep their wits about them cos you lot just shriek Awesum! Excellent! Superb! all the time.

And where is that going to take us huh?

Im sure that reading my scathing comments can only make the series better in the end. Im the sole reason they will feel ashamed and strive to do better.

You! With the dog helmet! Sit up straight! Look more ferocious! Growl! Growl!

Makeup! Who forget to put a wig on a mountains head!?? Too tall??

Youre fired!

I think that sequence is probably when Ned and Robert go hunting together, just the two of them, while Robert is in the North. They talk about a bunch of things in that scene. That line is not a part of it, but it easily could have been.

Yeah, Robert is either outside or in front of a window, but definitely in the North, and not in the Winterfel crypts. I can't decide if the next shot of Ned, with Cat and possibly Luwin(?) in the background, is part of the same scene or a different scene with an audio carryover. In either case, Robert can't be talking about the threat of Dany and Drogo's Khalasar, which means that his understanding of the situation in KL has more depth to it than it ever did in the books.

The only way that Eddard can be stopped from fighting on in this fight is to have him injured. I don't think that he would just stop. Maybe it is the arrival of the Goldcloaks that causes that break in the action? I think that Jaime and Eddard have to cross swords at some point during this battle.

I think we even begin to see that in the trailer? Or did I imagine Ned charging?

I sort of get the feeling they're making Eddard a little more badass for the show then he was in the books.

As Mance said, that's more or less been confirmed by early drafts of the pilot. Makes sense to add spice to the Jaime-Ned relationship.

I've never believed Tyrion was really all that ugly

And to cut down on make-up costs, I could see them concentrating on the dwarf thing. That's why Tywin hates him. Not because he isn't good looking.

Drogo is meant to be dark-haired, no?

I think so. But I think they wanted him to look different from Conan.

SmilingKnight, they have almost finished filming btw. Too late for much to be changed.

Excuse me for not gushing all over myself at every little thing or choice the producers made.

After all, somebody here should keep their wits about them cos you lot just shriek Awesum! Excellent! Superb! all the time.

And where is that going to take us huh?

Im sure that reading my scathing comments can only make the series better in the end. Im the sole reason they will feel ashamed and strive to do better.

<in Dr. Evil voice> Right...

It'd be one thing if the comments were valid, but saying Dinklage is too handsome or Catelyn is not attractive enough smacks of a kind of uber-fanboism that is tedious.

<in Dr. Evil voice> Right...

It'd be one thing if the comments were valid, but saying Dinklage is too handsome or Catelyn is not attractive enough smacks of a kind of uber-fanboism that is tedious.

No, no. You forget he is the sole voice of reason and we are all fanboi pikers.... :rolleyes:

And to cut down on make-up costs,

This is turning to be one cheap ass series. They dont have enough money to buy a wig for the Mountain or ladder to put it on him, no hair color die for Lannisters (probably blew the budget on two Targs), no contact lenses either, absolutely no make up for Catelyn, Dothraki are all half naked (luckily its warm there), cant buy hair or mustache braids and bells, barely two color filters, Littlefinger doesnt have anything to wear!

Could not hire extra actor for Gared so Will bought the farm instead. Robert is in the same clothes ALL the time and Cersei is making her own hair.

:dunce:

SmilingKnight, they have almost finished filming btw. Too late for much to be changed.

Nooo. Really? :crying:

Yeah...

Folks, there's an ignore function. If you find that the only response you want to make at someone's posts is getting a bit meta about fanboys and what not, use it -- it's better for your health!

]

I think so. But I think they wanted him to look different from Conan.

I think of all the characters, the only one I'm initially disappointed in from the teasers and the stills, and purely appearance wise, is Drogo. Definitely needs the mustachios to keep from looking like a WWE reject. Through my own sources I was able to obtain exclusive footage of him single-handedly defeating another khalasar

The rest though are in the acceptable range of "creative interpretation" for what the characters should look like. I would argue this is especially true for the Stark family where Sansa, Arya and Bran are all perfect and even if Robb grows up to become Tom Hanks it'll just make him more likable.

Drogo's look is a bit unexpected. I expected him to look a bit wilder but it could be part of the wedding look. Small thing for me though.

Could not hire extra actor for Gared so Will bought the farm instead.

In the pilot script seen there were 3 Rangers IIRC. I'm pretty sure they recast 2 of them, so Will is the only actor that survived from the pilot to what will be Episode 1. So maybe as a reward they used him for the next scene. :) Or he worked better. Really, makes little difference.

Cheap production? Hah.

Honestly I am glad they didn't put contacts in their eyes - they are horrible. Colored contacts NEVER look real to me and it takes away from the authenticity of their expression and reduces the verisimilitude of each close up scene. Besides, even Martin has said that if he had know what a pain in the ass his eye color associations would be, he wouldn't have been so specific about it. I think the only way to change them would be in post-production, and even then they are such minor, unnecessary details that I don't think they are worth quibbling over.

True Smegma. They could change the eye-colour but they a huge amount of things to get right. This is not a major one. HBO may have tried purple eyes but but they may not work on the screen.

though not at all a fan of the direction they're taking Ned in (ETA: or seem to be, might be too early to say). I suspect most will be, though.

Lady Blackfish, because they made Ned more of a warrior? Yes, I can see where you are coming from there but as you suggest, I can see why HBO did it. Seeing Ned and Jaime fight was too good to miss.

Lady Blackfish, because they made Ned more of a warrior? Yes, I can see where you are coming from there but as you suggest, I can see why HBO did it. Seeing Ned and Jaime fight was too good to miss.

Ned is technically a warrior in the books too, in that he's fought wars and trained to fight wars and all this. But he doesn't base his self concept on that, in the way that Jaime does. There isn't one time in the books that he ever talks of his martial deeds in a way that suggests he cares that people acknowledge that he's a great warrior. He's really more fixated on doing the right thing. I will politely disagree that seeing Ned and Jaime fight was too good to miss ;) it just makes Ned seem as childish a Jaime to me. But yes, it's not surprising coming from Hollywood, and I don't think most people will care.

ETA: Let me just add, in anticipation, that I love a whole lot of the trailer and teaser material. Every time I see a male Lannister I go into a closet where nobody can see me and squee like the 12 year old fangirl I secretly am.

[mod] When you are warned by Ran, you stop. Not after you've had the last word. Right away. If I see another go-round, the people involved will be taking a short involuntary break. [/mod]

(This refers to deleted posts, lest anyone get confused.)

[mod] When you are warned by Ran, you stop. Not after you've had the last word. Right away. If I see another go-round, the people involved will be taking a short involuntary break. [/mod]

(This refers to deleted posts, lest anyone get confused.)

I hope Ran was, as he who passed the sentence, the one who "swung the mod sword" as it were.... ;)

I'm disappointed that Dany's eyes are not purple, but this is only because Dany is my favorite character. At least her hair is silver-ish :)

Also, I'm very interested in why Will rather than Gared is being executed. Did I read somewhere that Ser Royce will not be shown coming back as an Other?

I wish Jaime & Cersei were more golden blonde, but I can only assume TPTB had their reasons since Tyrion and Joff appear golden.

I loved the trailer. two minor quibbles:

I too wish Jamie and Cersei had more golden hair. Plus, wasnt Jamie's hair longer?

More importantly: I hate the Lannister armor. It looks totally out of place. Plus, I think having house-specific armor really detracts from the realism/grungy feel of the series. Who is paying for all this fancy ceremonial armor on regular men-at-arms? There is a reason people wear tabards: they make an otherwise rag-tag group of armsmen somewhat identifiable as a group.

Of course, I totally understand why they are doing it for the TV show. I just wish they had picked something less... elaborate.

Anyway, overall it was fantastic!

Archived