Inside Game of Thrones Promo

Westeros

Here are our screencaps, starting with Ned and Catelyn. Love Fairley in this very brief moment. The raw emotion that she's dutifully trying (and failing) to restrain from outright hysteria is really coming across.

This is, of course, a "new" scene in the sense that we never actually see Ned and Catelyn discuss his departure after

Bran's fall

, but obviously it's implied in the text. A lot of the new scenes are like this: implied things that are brought to the fore, to make them explicit. Also they help to deal with getting information out that otherwise only comes out through interior monologue for characters.

It looks like you can just almost, kind of (but not quite really) see the Iron Throne in the background of that shot where Ned is entering the throne room. They are really teasing us by now showing it yet - I hope it's great. If done right, it could look iconic.

Well, Michelle Fairley is really great. She somehow strongly remembered me of Haydn Gwynne's portrayal of Calpurnia in 'Rome', essentially in the episode after Caesar's death, where she shows weakness and strength alike when interacting with various characters - especially, of course, Servilia.

As two new implied scenes: This is really necessary, and it really might have something that would have been good for the novel as well. Especially in AGoT there is so much happening which we are not told, and some of this stuff might be either really emotional and also important stuff.

Say, for example:

- Ned's farewell to Robb and Jon.

- Cersei/Catelyn interaction - the novel did not imply any ill feelings between those two before Lysa's letter arrived.

- Jaime/Ned interaction - I don't like this being broken down to two super fighter alpha males being put in the same cage (as the pilot seemed to do it), but there had to be some kind of interaction between them.

- Tyrion interacting with Robert, Ned, and Catelyn at Winterfell - Tyrion's thoughts reveal that he liked Robert, but we never see if Robert found him at least somewhat funny.

And later on at KL there are really important or at least interesting things going on which could really profit from being flashed out. The POV structure of the first book really gives too much to us through the eyes of children.

I loved Fairley in that scene as well, I think she could be a real standout in the series. As, Ran, pointed out she brings across that feeling of for want of a better way of describing it, holding herself together and not quite managing it. Seeing that in a 5 second clip makes me really excited for all the Catelyn scenes in the series!

The other thing that really caught my attention was the brief moment of Jon Snow in Castle Black. (The camera was panning out). That just looked EPIC! :D

OMG, the Tyron scene at the inn where all the swords are drawn on him..... *flails*

LOVING Michelle as Catelyn. I think she's captured how Catelyn would be feeling at that moment perfectly.

The hype machine is really starting to get going now - can't wait for the teaser tonight (well, tomorrow for me!)

Hmm, that's not how I say Baratheon, I mean, I pronounced all the sounds the same, but I put the stress on the "ra". Unstressed, stressed, unstressed.

Uh, isn't that how she says it?

She just clips off the last syllable a bit "ba-RATH-the-in" instead of "ba-RATH-the-on" to my ear....shrug...

Archived