New trailer and stuff

When Arya stops just shy of calling someone a poop head, it always reminds me that she really is a little girl. A resourceful little girl who has to grow up quickly, but then, child mercenaries in Africa have to do so too...

Jon is unforgivably irritating though.

That sounds exactly like Jon to me, he's irritating in the books as well.

Tyrion will look awesome with a beard.

Shame they didnt go with canon hair and eye colors.

Agreed

Robert is not convincing. Looks more like some good natured fatso then someone who smashed Rhaegar and won every melee in tournaments etc. There should be traces of that person visible still. He is too small.

Isn't that exactly how Robert is described in the books? In fact don't they mention it a few times that he barely resembles the man he was when he defeated Rhaegar?

That sounds exactly like Jon to me, he's irritating in the books as well.

Not in this crybaby way.

Agreed

I really think they should have made all Lannisters more golden. Its their whole theme, not just color of the hair.

Isn't that exactly how Robert is described in the books? In fact don't they mention it a few times that he barely resembles the man he was when he defeated Rhaegar?

Not really. He looks more like Santa then Robert Baratheon to me.

In books you can still see that dangerous man even if he had grown a belly. Its a different constitution then Addys.

The only thing Addy has is a face of a jolly fat man that occasionally can get "angry" and thats not Robert.

When i see him i see a caricature, really.

For lack of a better example, what you need for Robert is someone of Arnie/Conan constitution who got a bit older and fatter. Big belly sure but someone who send people running when he gets angry, still.

And taller then Eddard. Bigger too.

I might be mistaken but i thought Robert is about the same height and overbearing presence as the Hound, only more massive. With added years and a big belly.

I'm happy to see a lot more positivity over at Winter is coming.

I think Fairley looks more or less perfect. The right age and look. For some reason it's like some people forget that all the other characters have been aged up as well. And i think her performance is exellent.

All the other actors look more or less just right as well. Loved this trailer!

In books you can still see that dangerous man even if he had grown a belly.

Nope. You are wrong. Read the books again. What you are spouting is pure imagination.

He is a dangerous man because he is the king. He isn't physically dangerous (except if he fell on you).

Not in this crybaby way.

We don't see much of him to judge him that harshly. And given your take on Robert above, I think you have probably misinterpreted Jon also. Or you have forgotten his opening chapters on the Wall.

At least the golden Lannisters is a justified complaint. But changes will happen. HBO picked 3 very good actors to play the twins and Tyrion who weren't naturally blond. So they decided not to emphasise that part. *shrug*

The 3 actors seem to have the attitudes perfect. That's the real important thing. :)

Yah, Hes going around killing boars for fun by falling on them, Sure.

I dont remember Jon or his face as described as one big crybaby with sorrowful expression on brink of tears.

And i certainly dont need a gusher like you to judge my "complaints" which are really personal observations so pike off.

And i certainly dont need a gusher like you to judge my "complaints" which are really personal observations so pike off.

*shrug* You didn't think anyone would respond when you posted on a message board?

Fair point about the boars. I may have exaggerated. :) But at the same time, I do advise you to read again how he is introduced. Its far from how you have imagined him.

You think Jon is a crybaby? Ok. Can't argue with that anymore. Some people will always hate some of the actors.

No, its exactly how i imagined him. Thats the reason why i imagined him as i do. Because he was written like that.

You know all that stuff about the guy who wielded a warhammer with one hand, killed Rhaegarr and overthrown Targaryens and who none could stop when his black rages would come over him etc, etc

The mere fact that youre responding to something doesnt make your opinion interesting or correct.

So... byeee!

From the Jon chapter when he first sees the king, at the Winterfell feast

The king was a great disappointment to Jon. His father had talked of him often: the peerless Robert Baratheon, demon of the Trident, the fiercest warrior in the realm, a giant among princes. Jon saw only a fat man, red-faced under his beard, sweating through his silks. He walked like a man half in his cups.

In Ned's chapters, he may seem a bit more fierce, because Ned remembers what Robert used to be. However, you can see there how he was viewed by someone who'd never met him before, and Addy looks a lot like that.

And just to add from Ned's opening chapter:

The king had gained at least 8 stone. A beard as coarse and black as iron wire covered his jaw to hide his double chin and the sag of his royal jowls but nothing could hide his stomach or the dark circles under his eyes

He still has a fierce temper. Nobody can argue that but physically he has really changed. That is the point and its a pity to miss it. The fall of Robert is a tragic thing. He has little of the fighting man left.

I dont remember Jon or his face as described as one big crybaby with sorrowful expression on brink of tears.

"The Smiling Knight" is an apt handle for you. So you're pissed about how Robert looks... big deal. Stop taking it out on posters. Sean Bean looks nothing like Ned Stark, IMO it should be a short actor with no beard and short black hair. Why not complain about that?

I think people are making waaay too big of a deal of how much the characters look like the descriptions in the book. Just so long as they are not egregiously different and have good actors playing the roles, I'm happy with that. Who knows, maybe for flashback scenes like the Trident they'll have different actors playing Ned, Robert, etc.

Actually, he is killed by that boar because he's so stupid, stinking drunk he can barely sit his horse...

Archived