New trailer and stuff

That link is awesome. You can get a good look at the Hound because he doesn't care enough to even react. Love it.

I hope Dinklage knows how awesome that moment is. Who didn't cheer that moment in the books? No one, that's who.

That link is awesome. You can get a good look at the Hound because he doesn't care enough to even react. Love it.

I hope Dinklage knows how awesome that moment is. Who didn't cheer that moment in the books? No one, that's who.

Or when the "King" was sipping his tainted wine. Oh, yeah.

OR, when Arya called him stupid (or the equivalent of) and smacked him. That was beyond awesome, too.

Or when the "King" was sipping his tainted wine. Oh, yeah.

OR, when Arya called him stupid (or the equivalent of) and smacked him. That was beyond awesome, too.

As horrible as this sounds to young Jack, he definitely has a face I'll find easy to detest. (Only when he's in character, of course.)

Crazy reading through this thread and seeing how many different visions there were of the characters, compounded by differing takes on the look of the actors.

Might as well throw mine out there...

-Ned: wasn't close when I first saw Bean, but now I think of Ned as Bean. I think even for characters that we initially didn't like the looks of, after a few episodes are brains are going to adjust perfectly well.

-Imagined Jon looking more like a boy scout and less with the curly hair and beard.

-Catelyn, close enough.

-Robert, pretty good match.

-Tyrion, perfect.

-Jaime, close enough.

-Cersei...hmm. Seems off.

-Bran, perfect.

-Drogo, close enough.

-Dany: probably the most divergent. But impossible to live up to. Imagined her being beautiful by movie star standards, not by normal people standards.

Am finally coming out of lurkerdom, as I've watched the teaser more times than is healthy. A few thoughts:

Really not understanding all the hate-on directed at Catelyn. Not only is the actress a total MILF, from what I've seen of her in stills, Fairley seems to have this remarkably mature, poised gravitas that is exactly in keeping with my reading of the character. Something tells me she's going to be the dark horse in this production and totally blow away all the naysayers. Can't wait to see more of her.

Dany looks interesting. Initially less 'waiflike' than I mentally envisaged, but the actress is totally, jaw-droppingly beautiful. I found it hard to take my eyes off her. Thank God they got rid of Merchant.

Jaime. Just... unf. So going to be my next TV crush.

Oh, and Peter Dinklage is going to absolutely steal every scene he's in, isn't he?

Dany looks interesting. Initially less 'waiflike' than I mentally envisaged, but the actress is totally, jaw-droppingly beautiful. I found it hard to take my eyes off her. Thank God they got rid of Merchant.

Haha I was actually a fan of Tamzin from the beginning. I do wish they'd gone for a more 'waiflike' otherworldly look, befitting the hunted last heir of the Targaryen dynasty, but I still have hopes that the lighting and the acting will do the trick to convince me that she is Daenerys...

Who knows, maybe they're trying to show her fit with the more earthy Dothraki culture, and are waiting for the later scenes to make the regal transformation more of a surprise... I can hope ;-)

Am finally coming out of lurkerdom, as I've watched the teaser more times than is healthy. A few thoughts:

Really not understanding all the hate-on directed at Catelyn. Not only is the actress a total MILF, from what I've seen of her in stills, Fairley seems to have this remarkably mature, poised gravitas that is exactly in keeping with my reading of the character. Something tells me she's going to be the dark horse in this production and totally blow away all the naysayers. Can't wait to see more of her.

Jaime. Just... unf. So going to be my next TV crush.

Oh, and Peter Dinklage is going to absolutely steal every scene he's in, isn't he?

I'm with you on Jaime (and Catelyn) and Dany. As for Dinklage, I'm glad he's hot. I admit it. I'm cool with them making Tyrion less (superficially) ugly on this. :) I absolutely think he'll act the hell out of this role. I know I'm jumping the gun, but I'm rooting for an emmay nod at the very least. :)

I do wish they'd gone for a more 'waiflike' otherworldly look, befitting the hunted last heir of the Targaryen dynasty, but I still have hopes that the lighting and the acting will do the trick to convince me that she is Daenerys...

Ethereal beauty is hard to do if you are stuck with human actresses. I thought the female Elves in Lord of The Rings were too ... human looking, despite the tons of lighting tricks, even though they were beautiful women.

Trailer has me excited, but going along with the thread, my opinions solely on their looks and how I originally pictured them:

Ned - right on

Bran - perfect

Jon - good enough

Theon - expected him to be taller, but otherwise, Alfie has that mischievous look

Tyrion - perfect

Catelyn - count me in the camp that thinks she looks too old. Yes, this is set in a medieval fantasy world, where there is no plastic surgery or makeup, but she just looks more grandmotherly than motherly. I thought Jennifer Ehle was perfect, and she's not some "20 year old" tart that others snarkily suggested we wanted

Dany - she's a good looking girl...but not exactly how I pictured. Looks like some forest dryad than a Targaryen princess...not exactly sure how to put into words what seems wrong about her look to me.

Cersei - perfect

Jaime - perfect

I'm happy to "snark" when people are being ageists, especially without seeing how the actress is going to do in the role. You're basing your decision how the casting 100% on looks. I find fault in that, sure. But, at least you admit that up front in your post instead of making it sound like the end of the world (which is what I keep seeing on threads like this).

Yes, this is set in a medieval fantasy world, where there is no plastic surgery or makeup, but she just looks more grandmotherly than motherly.

She has a 17 year old son in GoT. She should look like she could be a grandmother. :P

But yes, I think she is fine. And that trailer pic is very attractive actually. And she is still younger than Bean.

Archived