December Fifith Promo.

Andhaira

Well, the lines between Sansa and Petyr at that point are really important for the whole series, and Littlefinger's view of reality - that it is no song - is one of the core truths at the heart of the series. But there should be no real 'bonding' between these two. Sansa never really thinks about Littlefinger at all later on, and she once does feel really uncomfortable under his stare (when the Small Council evaluates her loyalty after Robert's death).

My point of Littlefinger's creepiness was more that he should never be played as if he was creepy. Or only appear creepy to the people (i.e. the audience) who has a broader view of the things he has or might have done.

Besides being not small Gillen really is perfect for that role. They even gave him gray temples.

Obviously I should like Varys more than him, but I always had a soft spot for him ;-).

Loved everything about it. It's cool to see memorable lines in a book spoken aloud.

Small concerns:

1) If you want to appeal to casual audience and promote the idea that this isn't a niche show for fantasy geeks, GRRM is not the guy to sell the show. I love GRRM, but he gives off a Dungeons and Dragons nerd alert vibe in his appearance here.

2) Names and places spoken aloud are so foreign sounding as to be off-putting at times. But it's no worse than LoTR I suppose.

Wow, finally got to watch it. First thing I noticed is that I love the look of the Starks (although maybe I missed him but did we see Robb?) Bran, Arya and Sansa really do look great. Littlefinger was perfectly sneaky. When I saw the Hound's helm, I literally said "wow" out loud because it was that fantastic (The Knight of Flowers' helm was also fantastic, but we've previously seen it) Loved that we saw tons of the minor characters (mainly I was impressed that they showed Gendry). There was so much I liked about it I think I'll need to rewatch to get a better handle on everything.

I loved seeing that the dialogue was pulled straight from the books! It was great to see so much of the peripheral characters that I wasn't really expecting, like Gendry. I'd like to see more of the kids though. This seemed like a great send off to fans of the book, I absolutely loved it, but I'm not sure how much a non-reader would have gotten from that.

Maybe as much of the post-production work continues we'll see more "epic" shots, things like the direwolves, etc. I'm guessing that this might be why we didn't see more of the kids, they're still working on the direwolves. It will be cool to see some of the more polished work in trailers as spring draws near.

http://images.4chan.org/tv/src/1291603068942.jpg

Hmm what's that? Aerys on the throne and Brandon strangling? There's gonna be flashbacks then? Btw, 4chan images gotta be copy and pasted. Or is that Sean Bean?

The person on the throne certainly has a Targ look. I would assume it is a flashback. Which excites me greatly.

yeah robb was showed a few times. he looks nothing like i imagined but it's fine b/c i think he looks great.

Oh yeah. Guess that's why I didn't catch him, looked nothing like I imagined. Perhaps it is because they aged him up a bit. But still he does look great.

The person on the throne certainly has a Targ look. I would assume it is a flashback. Which excites me greatly.

It does indeed seem like a flashback.

Here's the full 12 minute thing that was on TV in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Exciting additional stuff in this one, nice scene with Tyrion talking to Jon, and direwolf puppies :cheers:

"I don't want him to know what I can do." :rolleyes:

Even Sean Bean couldn't salvage that one. Sigh. Looks like they're really trying to sell him as more of a hero than in the book, which may also be why they went for someone bigger and tougher-looking. Benjen(I assume it is Benjen) looks a lot closer to Ned as described in the book.

The images in my head certainly clashed with a lot in there, but nothing I can't live with. Might even help me keep the books and series separate easier.

The Hound looks pretty dead-on, not as big perhaps, but certainly one of the closest to the book. His scar seems toned down to keep him well within "Tall dark and dangerous" territory instead of "horrifyingly scary"

Varys seems awful young looking.

The giant dragon skull was truly GIANT, holy snap. Not sure about the design, very D&D look to it. The rest of it must have been at least a few hundred feet long.

Like the unsullied in the background of a few shots. Bits like that are really encouraging.

Those arakhs are even more like kopesch than I expected. Seem a bit short for fighting from horseback, but at least they aren't just scimitars.

Robb really got shafted here, blink and you miss him.

Robert remains the furthest from both my mental image and mental 'personality.' He seems perfectly capable as an actor, but this version of Robert seems much more pathetic and aware of his failings. combined with the shorter and overall unimpressive(visually) Addy and it just doesn't ring true for me. I can still be surprised I suppose, and hope.

I agree with GRRM not being the best spokesman here for a mass audience, but fuck if that would stop me from putting him in there anyways.

Kings Landing looks like coastal California in early summer. I don't know where folks are getting a tropical vibe.

Overall looking very good. Can't wait.

Loved everything about it. It's cool to see memorable lines in a book spoken aloud.

Small concerns:

1) If you want to appeal to casual audience and promote the idea that this isn't a niche show for fantasy geeks, GRRM is not the guy to sell the show. I love GRRM, but he gives off a Dungeons and Dragons nerd alert vibe in his appearance here.

2) Names and places spoken aloud are so foreign sounding as to be off-putting at times. But it's no worse than LoTR I suppose.

1) I really don't see the issue with this, he doesn't really give that vibe off to me, that's why you don't just have GRRM, Benioff and Weiss are there along with others.

2) Definitely can't be avoided! It is fantasy for a reason :cheers: .

It does indeed seem like a flashback.

Here's the full 12 minute thing that was on TV in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Exciting additional stuff in this one, nice scene with Tyrion talking to Jon, and direwolf puppies :cheers:

What, why is that one longer than the website one. Is the extra stuff interspersed, or can I skip to some point to see it?

Also Illyrio has to be fatter.

Remember though that Joff's hair is almost white-blonde.

Really awesome trailer though :-D! Love Lena Headey, not sure what was going on with her hair in the interview though :-P

Yeah, that confused me too. I think I was staring at her hair more than listening to her words.

Archived