December Fifith Promo.

Andhaira

I didn't care for some of the stills I had seen of Robb, but ..I have to admit, I think he's adorable having seen a bit more. Not quite my image, but I like him, and all the Stark kids. Arya is just too cute, and that little flash of her hugging Jon...so perfect.

And I don't think I could imagine a better Littlefinger.

Also, pleased to see that Drogo DOES have long hair. I think I would have flailed if that was not the case.

Gendry, however, is just...not my image of Gendry at all. He has broader shoulders and is younger in my head, although I suppose they are aging up a lot of the characters. Still, I thought of him as more bullish physically.

That was breathtaking, i loved that we got to see so much more of the scenery and it's all so grand (dragon heads!! dragon eggs!!).

The best part was Lena Heady's Cersei, she's exactly how i imagined her you can see the poison coming out of her mouth while she looks so innocent. Which is all too perfect because in GOT we don't get the crazy Cersei that she is in AFFC probably cause she's still in control.

Love the shot near the end of the four stark kids standing next to each other and some of the conversations that we saw earlier in the trailers make more sense.

i'm so excited for this ^_^

Here is one of my friends responses to the trailer. He barely reads books at all (closest he gets to them is manga) but would represent the average, casual viewer.

"eh the show seems like a very confusing highly tangled political show."

So I'd say those who were saying more actiony scenes should be previewed in the future may have a good point. :laugh:

So excited! Loved almost everything. Illyrio, Drogo and Gendry are the furthest visually from my image, but oh well, I'll get used to it. Can't wait for April.

Btw, friend of mine who also doesn't really read and has only the faintest idea of what Game of Thrones is about is now officially looking forward to the show.

Wow that was amazing, the scene with Ned and Littlefinger just like I imagined, and Visery's inter action with Dany was better than I could have imagined.

I have been posting these on my Facebook and a freind of my who hasn't read the books, and really isn't into fantasy type things at is exited about the show and wants to watch it.

I have to say that Sean Bean seems to be growing into the part more with these longer expositions.

For smaller details i really wish they gave him darker hair and a hairstyle that doesnt require wearing it with that ... whatchamacallit... sweeped back pony tail thingie. They had hair cutters in those days too you know?

I also wish he was wearing less leather as ordinary apparel, more gray wool or cotton then brown and green.

There is all too much leather wearing all around and i dont like it. It looks fake.

Gendry should have longer hair, right? A curly one at that?

He wasnt that much expressive.

Just as Littlefinger lacked some subtlety in his expressions.

Addy goes down a bit easier as Robert but i still cannot connect his likeness with Robert i saw in the books.

Daenerys is awesome.

Vyserys doesnt look crazed enough. I wonder will they show the abuse he is giving her (without those nasty details being shown directly but still).

Drogo looks ridiculous with his eyemakeup and no braids with bells.

Im also quite sure his relation to Daenerys will be presented like a romance from the beginning unlike in the books.

Sansa is beautiful, reminds me a lot of a girl i knew who would be even more perfect for the role.

Arya is perfect in that scene where she watches "you know what".

Flashbacks!... ohhh yeah! :commie:

Very exciting clip!

Varys did seem young but the actor is in his 40s IIRC. Looks like being bald suits him! It is interesting that they are focusing a lot more on Jon over Robb. Although, given what happens to Ned and Robb, maybe that is easy enough to understand. :)

I thought Sandor was perfect. Illyrio has changed in appearance but they did try to find the right actor. Hard to find two Ian McNeice's after he was unavailable for re-shoots. And it doesn't make any real difference anyhow.

I'm not surprised they got rid of the bells. Was a rather strange idea.

I don't think those are flashbacks. I think it's Ned, not Brandon, and I believe it's Joff on the throne, not Aerys (unless there are other flashbacks being discussed). I feel pretty confident about that, but I will retract my statement with further evidence to the contrary (but we haven't had ANY casting news about this).

I thought it looked fantastic overall. I still don't like Fairley's face whatsoever. She reminds me of a mummy. However, she seems to be a great actress with a lot of talent, so I will stop thinking that. Well I won't, but I'm still glad they went with talent over anything else anyway, as that to me is the most important aspect of casting. Dany is very pretty and I'm sure she'll be great.

Viserys and Littlefinger have been my favorite casting choices since the announcements, and this only sealed the deal. I think Harry Lloyd is magnificent and Aiden Gillen is the embodiment of Littlefinger. I adore The Hound, Jaime, Ned, Cersei, and of couse Tyrion. The kids are all spot on and I think will be even better than I could have hoped. Jon is gorgeous, Robb looks dutiful, Sansa is beautiful, Arya is feisty, mischievous and adorable, and Bran is heartbreaking.

The sets, the costumes, all of it is great!

Exciting. I finally got see this hours and hours after it aired because of broken internet connect AND broken HBO in the hotel I'm staying at...everything seems to be going bad (and my beloved Ravens lost today, boohoohoo).

I'm really beat, it's late (and I'm on east coast time but now in L.A.). I'll be able to actually discuss this tomorrow, maybe, if I"m not too busy. Looks great, though. Very happy I finally figured out a way to get online to see it, here.

Drogo looks ridiculous with his eyemakeup and no braids with bells.

LOL the absurdity of this statement makes me laugh.

But seriously, I don't mind the departure from the bells/moustaches. I think Drogo looks excellent, imposing, regal, hot.

Oh really? My statement is absurd?

Just because you have the hots for the actor waist naked?

Thats funny.

Also, i managed to capture a still of that supposed flashback and although the actor is bloody and grimacing a lot i think he looks a lot like seann bean.

At first i thought it was Aerys behind because i thought we are seeing a long white hair but its actually too blurry and it could be just a white collar of the regal robe.

scene_still.jpg

Although it fits more with Brandon strangling himself watching his father being cooked alive then anything we know about Eddards demise.

Oh really? My statement is absurd?

Just because you have the hots for the actor waist naked?

Thats funny.

Also, i managed to capture a still of that supposed flashback and although the actor is bloody and grimacing a lot i think he looks a lot like seann bean.

At first i thought it was Aerys behind because i thought we are seeing a long white hair but its actually too blurry and it could be just a white collar of the regal robe.

scene_still.jpg

I meant that it was absurd because of the thought of saying that a guy looks ridiculous without bells and braids - taken out of context it's a funny thing to imagine.

Also, he's hot but not really my type. Aiden Gillen is more my speed. Not that I'd turn away Jason Mamoa, of course. If I was ten years younger I'd be all over Kit Harrington. He has absolutely incredible eyes.

Im sorry i should have elaborated. He looks ridiculous because he is wearing eye makeup!

Removal of braids and bells is silly to me because its an important part of Dothraki identity.

I dont see what is gained by removing those.

It is a very distinct and original element apart from speaking loudly how Dothraki see battle and represent their fearlessness.

Im sorry i should have elaborated. He looks ridiculous because he is wearing eye makeup!

Removal of braids and bells is silly to me because its an important part of Dothraki identity.

I dont see what is gained by removing those.

It is a very distinct and original element apart from speaking loudly how Dothraki see battle and represent their fearlessness.

While I think the bell/braid thing is cool in the books, I don't think it's vital to their identity or characteristics. Drogo was immensely intimidating in those few seconds of him and I think that it'll still be conveyed without the bells.

Again, it's not about 100% accuracy but finding a great visual translation for the books. I think they have accomplished that in spades.

maybe your right about that being ned. it certianly looks like him, but brandon was his brother so they should look alike. also, the character is wearing some rope around his neck and isn't that how brandon died?

To me it looks like they are trussing him up, which may just be a variation on how they get him outside to do the deed.

Also, if it was Brandon they'd have an actor half Sean Bean's age do it, not someone that looks so closely to what he looks like now.

I'm 99% positive it's Ned.

Gendry, however, is just...not my image of Gendry at all. He has broader shoulders and is younger in my head, although I suppose they are aging up a lot of the characters. Still, I thought of him as more bullish physically.

Gendry seems to be one of the few complaints most people share, mostly because of the age thing.

I also definitely saw him different in build...God help me, but I pretty much imagined him looking like the werewolf dude from Twilight.

I actually like the kid they got for Gendry. To me he seems a good fit for someone in their late teens that is a smith. His voice has that "not quite an adult" quality to it. I like it.

HOWEVER, I will say my first big complaint of the casting (because as much as I don't like the way Michelle Fairely looks I think she'll be great) is Renly. Wow. That's all I have to say.

I trust them that it'll make sense though once I get to see a bit more of him.

Archived