The NFL thread #8

davos

That fullback pass by the Bucs was awesomely tricky. They had me fooled. I'm getting a strange feeling I've never had before watching the Buccaneers play. I don't know if I'm pronouncing this right....re-spect?

San Diego just had 12 men on the field...twice in a row...

Omg, that reminded me of the best superbowl halftime show ever, an In Living Color skit that another station aired during the superbowl halftime, Men On Football "...and what's this: too many men on field? that's not a penalty, that's a party"

some funny shit.

(OK maybe its not that funny after all)

Good god. Frighteningly, the Colts still have a decent shot at the division, if they can take one from the Jags (or have they already played the Jags twice?).

Maybe this a re-post from the last Chargers loss to the Raiders, but it is appropriate :crying:

:lol:

Proof the Raiders are again relevant. Making little kids cry since 1965.

ETA: Colts have only played the Jags once so far but they lost it, Bluray. If they don't beat the Jags in the rematch they're knocked out of the playoffs.

If the Packers beat the Bears making it a season split and they end up with identical records how do they decide the division winner? Record in division?

yah division and then conference and then i THINK points scored.

If the Packers beat the Bears making it a season split and they end up with identical records how do they decide the division winner? Record in division?

found this.... 2 Teams in same div, tied.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

Chargers really came out flat and the Raiders showed some heart. Tough game to watch. SD couldn't run a lick and Rivers was off target as often as not. With or without pressure (though he saw plenty).

Gates was a shadow of himself. Floyd seemed closer to form though.

Think it's time to revisit the eternal question: Who will win the NFC West? Or moreover, who will lose it the least?

I guess in recent weeks I assumed it would be Seattle by default due to their homefield advantage and a veteran QB. But they've been horrible as of late - no NFL team should trail to a Jimmy Clausen QBed outfit by 14 points. Cardinals and 49ers already have 8 losses with 4 to play so that pretty much leaves St. Louis by default, right? But if they lose today to the Cardinals, and they can't seem to stop that famed bruising Cardinals running game, they'll be 5-7. So what it means is if they lose today we'll have 2 5-7 teams and 2 4-8 teams.

That barn is burning, baby! Burning straight to the ground.

Yeah, it looks like Marshawn suddenly remembered the cheat code for "Beast Mode" this week. However, he'll probably forget it again next week :P

I still have to give the slightest little edge to the 'Hawks in the NFC Worst.

Archived