The NFL thread #8

davos

found this.... 2 Teams in same div, tied.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

ah ok. i was remembering that back in 1999 there were two teams in the NFC that were scoring as many points as they can because in the final game because they were tied in everything else.

eta: Great win by Dallas but costly. Dez Bryant has a fractured ankle. Another rookie came up huge in LB Sean Ryan. The book on him was he was great against the run but struggled against the pass. Not today with two picks

I don't know about you guys but I'm apparently watching the Voldemort Ravens. (That's how Baltimore has been sounding to me lately, ok, years)

I was traveling a few years ago and I was telling someone where I from and I said "Baltimore" and he asked, "Voldemort? What?" Apparently there's some similarity in how it's pronounced up here. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Ike Taylor is usually pretty solid isn't he?

What are you going to drink? Steel Reserve?

Ike is 'meh' at best. He's your gambling addicted uncle who wins big 3-4 times a year. Nice right? For the other 360 days he's pawning TV's, losing his entire paycheck in an all night bender, and narrowly avoiding Bigg Chico the Loanshark and the very real threat of broken limbs.

And Iron City is the rot gut of choice in W. PA

If the roles were reversed, flags would have been flying all over the place. Oh, the anger.

And it was nice to see Heath Miller walk off the field.

Update: FLozell Adams down. I need more beer... and a shot.

Two serious "nut up or shut up" plays by Polamalu and Redman there to get the TD. Impressive stuff. I still like Bodymore or whoever gets home field of the Jets/Pats to come out of the AFC, though.

ETA: That flag for McFadden's PI was hilariously late. Right call, though.

Can't say I agree, Trisk. Regardless of what the score ends up being, I really can't feel good about the hits in this game. The stuff that is the legendary Ravens-Steelers is like, Rashard Mendenhall talking shit and then Ray Lewis separates his shoulder with a legal hit the first time RM gets the ball. Big Ben getting punched in the face and a flag not getting thrown is not anything you can hang your hat on - much as it was nice to see Big Ben get punched in the face. But that has nothing to do with football games.

Archived