Official Game of Thrones Merchandise

Westeros

HBO surprised us when they tweeted that the official store had, for a limited time only, official Game of Thrones t-shirts available on sale. Quite the surprise—pretty sure it’s not common for them to release merchandise for a show that hasn’t yet aired! Currently, only men’s shirts are available.

Another pleasant surprise is the fact that they’ve copies of all four of GRRM’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels available as well. Very cool.

Visit the Site!

How come the "Winter is coming" tshirt doesnt have the direwolf logo :thumbsdown:

I was wondering about how the merchandising rights were awarded. GRRM (or more precisely Parris) has produced their own Stark family t-shirts. They may have held onto those rights. HBO may be able to do film specific t-shirts.

Girl-cut shirts are up now. Has anyone ordered one? If you do, can you post what brand of t-shirt they are using? The various brands girl-cut designs fit me quite differently and I need to know if (for example) it's a Bella or an American Apparel to decide which size to buy.

Thanks for posting this. The shirts are only available for pre-ordering - they won't ship until December 31st. But when mine arrives I'll let you know the brand.

At the beginning ot the week I sent HBO an email asking when they would have women's sizes and I posted here at the same time. So either they already had the ball rolling on women's t-shirts and my timing was pure coincidence, or else HBO is really listening to fan requests. I hope it's the latter - that would be a really good sign, and this women's t-shirts appearance would indicate remarkably fast turn around.

• 4 weeks later...

Totally disappointed! My tee shirts are on back order. :tantrum:

How do you order something a month before it's released and it still ends up on back order?

Ok, I'm not really upset, I just find this very weird. As long as I get my shirts by the end of the month, I'll be ok, but it would have been nice to know when I placed the order as one of the shirts is a birthday gift.

I ordered my shirts the day this message was posted. Then we found out about George coming to LA and was sure I would have them before the moot on the 9th. I noticed my card had not been charged and so decided to call customer service to see whats up. Well... I just got off the phone with one of the "supervisors" at the HBO shop. She informed me that the shirts are not scheduled to ship out until the 17th of this month.

Blackfyre

OK, not sure what is going on now. I just received an email from HBO shop saying my items were shipped today. I logged into the site and they even have tracking numbers. However, the tracking numbers are not coming up when you click on them.

I contacted HBO to find out more. What happened is that the big storms a couple of weeks ago delayed shipping of the shirts to the warehouses from which they would be dispatched. That has been sorted out and the men's t-shirts are shipping now. The women's t-shirts are delayed a little longer, bought ought to be shipping early next week.

BTW, HBO says that if anyone has any particular requests regarding the shop, note them here and they'll be happy if I pass them on to them. I know a big one is international shipping, and right now they can't do much about that, but if there's anything else people would like to see (especially in terms of T-shirt imagery or shirt types, I'm guessing), lay it down.

OK, not sure what is going on now. I just received an email from HBO shop saying my items were shipped today. I logged into the site and they even have tracking numbers. However, the tracking numbers are not coming up when you click on them.

Yep. Just a couple days after making the post, I get an e-mail saying they have been shipped.

I'm pretty excited now. :D

..., but if there's anything else people would like to see (especially in terms of T-shirt imagery or shirt types, I'm guessing), lay it down.

House banners with mottos! Especially the Greyjoy krakens.

Just a simple symbol/animal and words - nothing overly fancy.

HBO could go crazy with items! Direwolf plushy pups, baby dragon plush toys.. Dragon Eggs, jewelry (Kraken pins, Direwolf pins, Lannester Lion pins, The Hand necklace),t-shirts and tote bags with lines from the show (HODOR! Valar Morghulis, and Valar Dohaeris, etc...).

The product marketing could go on and on.

Archived