Official Game of Thrones Merchandise

Westeros

BTW, HBO says that if anyone has any particular requests regarding the shop, note them here and they'll be happy if I pass them on to them.

My $0.02: Quality of product is just as important to me as any particular design. I'm much more likely to buy a shirts if I can know the brand and fabric content ahead of the purchase. I'm willing to pay a bit more for better fabric and options like organic cotton or no sweat-shop labor too. Girl cut is essential. Designs that are simple (I like the idea of house banners with words, and I love the simple raven w/ "Winter is coming") are better than too much text or character pictures etc.

I prefer images that are not actual photographs and pictures. I like more abstracted designs like house banners and such. While I'm buying the raven t-shirt they've got out now, even that is on the verge of being too realistic to me. I'm the person that would rather buy a Gryffindor crest shirt than a shirt with Daniel Radcliffe on it.

I got the Sword men's t-shirt. Let me say how beyond disappointed I am. The fabric is so thin you can see your hand through it. For $25 I expected much better. No clue on the brand name of the shirt as it only has an HBO label. it's 65% cotton and 35% polyister.

Hmmm. Thanks for letting us know Lany. I personally like my tshirts to be super thin (I find thick tshirts to be too bulky and hot in the summer), but if your hand is visible through the fabric that seems a bit extreme.

Hmmm. Thanks for letting us know Lany. I personally like my tshirts to be super thin (I find thick tshirts to be too bulky and hot in the summer), but if your hand is visible through the fabric that seems a bit extreme.

Are there thin ones that are not CHEAP? These feel really cheap.

Are there thin ones that are not CHEAP? These feel really cheap.

Tissue style tees are thin but nice. I have two that much higher cotton content than that (more like 90% cotton and 10% spandex or something for shape) and they aren't see-through, just thin and layerable.

Ugh. I really hoped for better news about these shirts.

I ordered a woman's tee as well. Backordered of course. I went onto the HBO Shop website today to check it out, because it'd said that they'd be shipping on the 21st of January, and now I can't even find the woman's tees on the website. That scares me.

Yeah, same. I ordered mine the 29th of December and have only gotten the confirmation email. I checked my order status too and it says it's still active, so I'm not sure what's going on. It worries me that the woman's style tees aren't on the website anymore.

Edit: Just got an email back from customer service. They said that they're still back ordered and they don't have a estimate date for when the shirts will be shipped in, but rest assured, we will get them.

I got an email from HBO about the shirts just now. It says:

On 12/12/2010 you asked to be notified by email when the Game of Thrones Special Edition Winter is Coming Women's T-Shirt would be ready to be shipped.

This item is now in stock and usually ships within 2 - 3 business days of purchase.

So I guess they're back in.

Sooooooo. My shirt came in the mail today.

Lany was right, it is very thin, but I'm okay with that part of it. Of course, I haven't worn it out in daylight, so I don't know how see-through it would be.

Otherwise, it seems that HBO wants women's t-shirts to essentially be a second epidermis. They are clearly of the leave-nothing-to-the-imagination philosophy and must have a certain disdain for those who choose not to shove their tits in everyone's faces. I ordered a Medium - I always wear a medium. I should have gone for a Large, without doubt. Here's what it looks like. The arms are so small it feels like they might rip, except I imagine the stretchiness of the fabric will keep that from happening. The shirt is so tight that I will not wear it in public, which is a bummer, since that's why I bought the damn shirt in the first place. It might be wearable if I lose 5-10 pounds. Currently it is of the tightness magnitude that even my bellybutton is clearly defined, not to mention all the other bits.

The tag says "HBO" - there is no shirt company listed, such as American Apparel. UNFORTUNATELY the shirt is 100% cotton and it is not preshrunk!!!!!! WTF. It's already too tight for me to wear outside and now I can't even wash it.

In the end, I think the shirt looks really cool and I do like the feel of the fabric - it's soft, smooth and not too thick or heavy. The sizing is way off, though. If you are thinking about buying one, I would go up at least one size. I honestly feel that a Large might be too small for me.

I'm disappointed in my purchase. If the size were right, though, I'd probably like it a lot more.

ETA: I'm going to attempt to exchange it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I got mine in the mail yesterday, pretty much the same problems as you, LugaJetBoyGirl.

It's not uncomfortable at all. I actually really enjoy wearing the shirt and wore it to school today, but I wish I had gone with a large instead of a medium. It is...form fitting, to say the least. And it really does make my breasts look huge. :blush:

Same with the arms too. They're a bit tight, but after wearing the shirt all day it really loosened up. So overall I am pretty satisfied with the shirt, despite it being focused on fitting to the upper body. Happy with it, but should have ordered a large.

Sooooooo. My shirt came in the mail today.

Lany was right, it is very thin, but I'm okay with that part of it. Of course, I haven't worn it out in daylight, so I don't know how see-through it would be.

Otherwise, it seems that HBO wants women's t-shirts to essentially be a second epidermis. They are clearly of the leave-nothing-to-the-imagination philosophy and must have a certain disdain for those who choose not to shove their tits in everyone's faces. I ordered a Medium - I always wear a medium. I should have gone for a Large, without doubt. Here's what it looks like. The arms are so small it feels like they might rip, except I imagine the stretchiness of the fabric will keep that from happening. The shirt is so tight that I will not wear it in public, which is a bummer, since that's why I bought the damn shirt in the first place. It might be wearable if I lose 5-10 pounds. Currently it is of the tightness magnitude that even my bellybutton is clearly defined, not to mention all the other bits.

The tag says "HBO" - there is no shirt company listed, such as American Apparel. UNFORTUNATELY the shirt is 100% cotton and it is not preshrunk!!!!!! WTF. It's already too tight for me to wear outside and now I can't even wash it.

In the end, I think the shirt looks really cool and I do like the feel of the fabric - it's soft, smooth and not too thick or heavy. The sizing is way off, though. If you are thinking about buying one, I would go up at least one size. I honestly feel that a Large might be too small for me.

I'm disappointed in my purchase. If the size were right, though, I'd probably like it a lot more.

ETA: I'm going to attempt to exchange it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the details!!! Now I'm questioning if I want to order one... Based on your descriptions I'd probably need an XL and a black tank top underneath it... I like thin shirts but not that thin!

I like the way these shirts look, but after reading your review Luga, I think I'm going to hold off on buying anything. I do like the length of the shirt but seriously, sizing charts. (Too bad they don't have a men's shirt in small-- I would have ordered that as an alternative.)

It looks like they offer a lot of different designs for t-shirts in the True Blood shop, many of which are more stylized graphics, so if GoT is popular hopefully they will have more graphics. I also prefer non-photo designs in general. I still have the BWB Tyrell shirt (the crown of roses and thorns one) from 2006 Worldcon, and it's one of my favorite shirts.

I don't watch True Blood and I'm not particularly in love with these particular t-shirts, but here are some examples of designs that I'd like something similar to for Game of Thrones.

One- logo with show's name that isn't all "I'm wearing a shirt from a geeky TV show!!"

Two- artistic design inspired by the show's themes without explicitly showing characters

Three- More modern-looking graphic showing stuff from the show

Four- t-shirt that mimics clothing from the show, have something like that for some major houses

Not really a fan of the multitude of ginormous "Team BlahBlah" logo shirts that they have for TB; I hope that if people 'choose sides' for GoT that they don't go wild and crazy with Team shirts; having house sigils would be cooler and make the show, um, seem like it's not only watched by teenagers.

I also prefer t-shirts that are not for layering, so not partially transparent. I'd be willing to pay more for a shirt that was made of thicker material. I've bought my fair share of concert t-shirts and licensed baseball gear and the price is around $25 as well, but they have all been quality shirts that don't require layering, and hold up well for several years.

ETA: Also basic sizing information, like S (34-36), or whatever.

Archived