Bakker XIII: Spoilers for PON, TJE, and Neuropath/Disciple

Old Nan

Why is this thread, too, labelled as “Spoilers for WLW”. I’d rather this thread did not contain, or invite, such spoilers. The book is out real soon, already in the hands of one board member.

Instead, I’d like a separate WLW spoiler thread when the time comes. So please remove the “Spoilers for WLW” part from the title.

So that's finally cleared up. I couldn't figure out what that was about since the book isn't out yet. Who's the lucky dud that got his/her hands on a early copy?

Just finished it! :thumbsup:

TWLW doesn't end with a bang the way TJE did, but it sets the stage for what should be a mindfuckingly good third volume! There is resolution of sorts for each of the storylines, but they all more or less end in cliffhangers. There's a "to be continued" vibe for sure. . .

How would I rate the books, you ask???

- The Thousandfold Thought

- The Judging Eye

- The White-Luck Warrior

- The Darkness That Comes Before

- The Warrior-Prophet

Will let you know when my review is up! ;)

But you can definitely pre-order this one!

Patrick

Yep, TTT is my favorite.

Don't get me wrong: TWLW is a very good novel. But it does suffer from the middle book syndrome, as do most second volumes in trilogies. Believe you me, however: There is some pretty good and nasty shit going down in TWLW!

And a new power player has emerged: Sorweel.

Never thought he would play such an important role. . .

More later. . .

Patrick

You don't have to expose as much about WLW as you did for Towers of Midnight, frustrating though it may be for us... I did honor Happy Ent's request for WLW spoilers to be excluded.

Best way to get it, would be to set up a web-page with a trojan backdoor exploit in an image or something like that. Then trick Pat to clicking a link to that site, and downloading the backdoor. Once that happens, I could conceivably get the manuscript. But, alas, I don't know where people get those illicit sorts of programs, and from the articles I've read, they actually cost several thousand dollars.

Of course, there are other methods, but each one adds a layer of risk. I could e-sleuth where Pat lives, and then get a list of internet service providers, then I'd call them all up, in a fake British accent (He's British right?). Spoofing a British telephone wouldn't be hard, so they wouldn't be initially turned off. I'd then pretend to be a vaguely confused British dude and try to social engineer them for Pat's IP address. After that I'd repeatedly probe it to see if he has already some backdoors open that are exploitable. Also, if Pat uses an ISP-based email address, you could call his ISP, pretend to be him, and then ask for help setting up an email address, and just basically set-up a duplicate somewhere, and have his mail come to you. Then you'd be like "Yo Bakker brah, resend me a copy of that TWLW, I totes lost it mang."

There actually dudes on the internet who pull shit like this, but I'm not one of them. I'm too scared of the law. But, I do have a better plan:

Inception.

Sounds good Jurble, and the next time I need to pull off a heist or some other dastardly deed you're in.

I'm sure wikileaks has a copy somewhere

:lmao: Yes the one thing they won't releasewhy do you have to be so cruel Jullian why?

As for Sorweel being TWLW, I don,t think so I've always viewed TWLW as a domestic threat that Esmi has to deal with. And Sorweel is with the great ordeal I suppose he could cause havoc their but that would makee him more of a White Luck Spy, which is indeed a possibility maybe he gets some information and has to pick who to give it to. Or maybe he goes over to Kellhus complelely, or my favorite he embraces the Consult either as a spy or as a General leading Sranc armies against Kellhus...

Thats a good piont I'm begining to wonder if Tusk-ism is the closest to the Truth of any of the religions in Earwa, I still like my idea of Sorweel as a Consult General but that probably won't happen.

Best way to get it, would be to set up a web-page with a trojan backdoor exploit in an image or something like that. Then trick Pat to clicking a link to that site, and downloading the backdoor. Once that happens, I could conceivably get the manuscript. But, alas, I don't know where people get those illicit sorts of programs, and from the articles I've read, they actually cost several thousand dollars.

Of course, there are other methods, but each one adds a layer of risk. I could e-sleuth where Pat lives, and then get a list of internet service providers, then I'd call them all up, in a fake British accent (He's British right?). Spoofing a British telephone wouldn't be hard, so they wouldn't be initially turned off. I'd then pretend to be a vaguely confused British dude and try to social engineer them for Pat's IP address. After that I'd repeatedly probe it to see if he has already some backdoors open that are exploitable. Also, if Pat uses an ISP-based email address, you could call his ISP, pretend to be him, and then ask for help setting up an email address, and just basically set-up a duplicate somewhere, and have his mail come to you. Then you'd be like "Yo Bakker brah, resend me a copy of that TWLW, I totes lost it mang."

There actually dudes on the internet who pull shit like this, but I'm not one of them. I'm too scared of the law. But, I do have a better plan:

Inception.

Well, that.

Or you could just bribe me, you know. . . :smoking:

Patrick

I'm nearly 100% certain that the WLW is not Sorweel, though I forget what tidbit convinced me of it. Damned old age.

I'd love to see Bakker consider a sci-fi epic after he completes this one. I imagine it as something like Dune on LSD and steroids.

Archived