Bakker XIII: Spoilers for PON, TJE, and Neuropath/Disciple

Old Nan

In other words, repeatedly clicking on a thread--particularly when the prior thread explicitly stated "spoilers for WLW" and everyone involved (including the thread starter) knew Pat was reading the book and dropping non-spoilerish tidbits--gives one no grounds for complaining about being spoiled.
Yet several people have done so. Myself, I sometimes don't care too much about spoilers, either those Pat has posted here (and yes, they are spoilers) or those he's posted for other books recently, which I also read, but numerous people thought overstepped the bounds of his role. But the wishes of people who want to have a naive reading of WLW, I think, should be respected. If Pat doesn't want to post them in the WLW thread, then we can always read them at his weblog.

An ENTIRE book? What book was that? I saw a few chapters at most, and to be honest, he could be nothing more than a POV to show us whats going on with Khellus and friends.

Most of his chapters are spent developing him as a character rather than simply acting as a viewpoint into the march. If Bakker had merely wanted a PoV of the march he would have likely chosen a character that has more insight into it, rather than wasting pages building Sorweel as a character, which is why I feel saying he plays a strong role in the next book is as non-spoilerish as saying, "In A Dance with Dragons Jon Snow plays a strong role in the north." :P

The only way to settle this is for Pat to email me the book and let me be the final arbiter of whether or not he has spoiled anything. I will be anxiously awaiting your email Pat. :thumbsup:

Now that's justice! :P

Patrick

Agreed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist do conclude that Sorweel always was going to develop to something more interesting than a whining emo teenager. Otherwise Scott's decision to give him a POV and quite a few pages in TJE seems strange.

Agreed. Although, I saw Sorweel as a more realistic character than whiny and emo. TBH. Everyone likes to think they'd be bad-ass in the same situation, but they'd most likely be the same way. Or they'd be enslaved or dead. He has to suck it up and it's killing him. Makes for an interesting character, IMO.

Maybe Old Nan should put Pat on "ignore" :D

Edited for clarity

Yes, because you're an evil woman-hating feminazi and probably a butch lesbian, and would have a sex change operation (but you're a poor welfare-communist and can't afford it). :P

Hmm. I guess I fall into that category too. That's a rather select demographic, though. No wonder Bakker's not rich yet. ;)

Edited because I'm repeating repeating myself

Don't worry, there are high hopes of him reaching a new demographic of readers. There was a mention of Twilight in Disciple of the Dog, which I take as evidence for my long-held theory that he's going to start writing teen-vampire-romance novels so he can become a multi-millionaire.

On that note, when I went to Barnes & Noble last, I noticed there's an actual section now labeled "Paranormal Teen Romance" or something along those lines, filled to the brim with Twilight knockoffs.

:stillsick:

On that note, when I went to Barnes & Noble last, I noticed there's an actual section now labeled "Paranormal Teen Romance" or something along those lines, filled to the brim with Twilight knockoffs. :stillsick:

That section is beginning to rival the SFF section in my local B&N. Maybe it'll convince some of those readers to pick up a good book once they've finished all those romance books. Or more likely, they'll get old enough to realize how much they suck and associate those with everything SFF.

On that note, when I went to Barnes & Noble last, I noticed there's an actual section now labeled "Paranormal Teen Romance" or something along those lines, filled to the brim with Twilight knockoffs.

A bookstore here calls them Neckbiters. :D

They also label Romance as Fabio's Corner. But it seems most customers don't even get the irony. ;)

A bookstore here calls them Neckbiters. :D

They also label Romance as Fabio's Corner. But it seems most customers don't even get the irony. ;)

:rofl: You should notify the bookstore owner that they have officially won the Greatest Bookstore in the Known Universe™ award.

I was shocked how large this "Teen Paranormal Romance" section was, though. It was larger than some of the normal sections, like history and religion :blink:

Are you saying Stephenie Meyer is bigger than Jesus?

If my local Barnes & Noble is any indication, she has surpassed Jesus in popularity. Would be interesting to see the statistics of how many people went to see the Twilight movies on their opening weekended compared to how many people went to church.

I think the Roman Catholic Church needs to revise its image for the modern age, hire some Hollywood screen-writers to rewrite the New Testament. Jesus already has the zombie thing going for him, they could make him a total stud muffin, make him the lead singer in a boy band with the disciples (Judas as the drummer) and have Mary Magdeline as the new girl in school.

Bakker would have fun rewriting the Bible, I'm sure.

And then the fangirls could write some Jesus/Judas slash. Because that would be so emo. :D

This just reminded me why I'm grateful PoN isn't as popular as Harry Potter or Twilight: Imagine all the Kel and Akka zesty sex scene fan fics :stillsick:

Archived