Franken Gregor.

Andhaira

Sure we wont be seeing franken Gregor in action until book 5 or 6 , but it can't hurt to speculate.

My question is, ho ill they do it in the teevee show? Will Conan Stevens reprise the role, even though his character has been killed off?

Franken Gregor is also supposedly bigger than living Gregor. How will they handle that? CGI?

While we are on the topic of Gregor, I can't wait for the Viper vs Gregor duel.

Sure we wont be seeing franken Gregor in action until book 5 or 6 , but it can't hurt to speculate.

My question is, ho ill they do it in the teevee show? Will Conan Stevens reprise the role, even though his character has been killed off?

Franken Gregor is also supposedly bigger than living Gregor. How will they handle that? CGI?

I think the only logical solution is to dig up and reanimate Andre the Giant.

Considering we haven't really seen Frankengregor yet, it's hard to speculate. I'd assume that they'd just put prostethics on Stevenson, to create a more visual link between the (monster of a) man and the reformed creature. They're already got about the largest man in showbusiness who can fight. Why change him?

ETAÑ Or just dig up Andre. :lol: Well played, aimless.

We haven't seen Clegenstein yet (that's what I like to call him), so we don't know that he's bigger...unless you are taking something from spoiler preview chapters that have been read/released (which I have been mostly avoiding). If that's the case, please spoiler that in your original post and I'll remove/spoiler them in quotes and posts later. That's not something that should be spoiled in this context.

I've read most of the spoiler chapters, and I don't recall anything about Cleganestein in them - all we know is the hints from Qyburn in FFC.

Ah, good. As I recall Qyburn described him as "even more unstoppable," or some such thing, but I don't recall him being described as actually bigger, was he? It's been over a year since I last read AFFC.

Honestly, I hope he doesn't show up in the show. I would be happy if he didn't show up in the books too, but that seems like a pipe dream at this point.

I'm generally opposed to reincarnation on principle. Catelyn has become a revenge-fueled mute zombie. It's character development, or rather character transformation. A little cheesy, but I can roll with it, barely.

But Gregor... Gregor had a good death scene, why the hell do we need to bring him back? When Gregor comes back, he will probably be the same as ever, just MORE heartless and inhuman (if you can imagine that). :stunned: I don't see how it's relevant to the story at all.

Unless... He becomes a philosophical, existential monster, like the real Frankenstein's Monster. He could befriend Dolorous Ed, and they could hold two-man book clubs and read depressing poetry.

Wow, jumping the gun much? :lol: Is it time for a thread yet on how they plan to show Dany massacring a horde of Others from the back of her massive flying dragon?

I expect they'll probably use the full-immersion holographic 3DTVs we'll all have by then. Can't wait.

by the time they reach season 5, or whenever Franken Gregor appears, they'll have the technology and special effects to do it well. But that won't be for a loooooong time, and that's assuming viewers like the series enough to see it to season five.

...Or that we even get a fifth book.

no the head was not Gregor's qyburn even said it took him a long time to find a head so big

Gregor did not die

Even if we assume Gregor didn't "technically" die...

He might be feeding on the random people Cersei is giving to Qyburn, or Qyburn might be keeping him alive by powering him with an engine of damned souls. Or something I haven't thought of.

We've entered zombie territory either way. Being animated through a necromancer's arts is good enough for me.

I sort of expect Gregorstein to be just a machine of flesh and blood. I don't think theres any of Gregors soul or personality left.

That's actually exactly what I'm talking about. It seems like... recycling. Gregor was just a killing machine when he was alive, he won't be any different when he's an undead abomination.

Except for the rape. How will we get along without the rape?...

Yeah pretty sure they made it clear that it wasn't his head they sent. But it's been five years since I read it so I could be misremembering. Just waiting for the word on ADWD to start up my next re-read.

I also don't remember them saying anything about him being bigger or whatever.

Archived