Daenerys appearance

C.T. Phipps

I must be one of the few people who thinks her wig looks fine. I guess I'm easy to please. For the naysayers' sakes, maybe they'll find a way to improve it next season if we get one. I'll cross my fingers for those of you, and hopefully her performance will be captivating enough to forget about such details. :)

You're definitely not the only one, I think she looks great and the wig looks fine.

You're definitely not the only one, I think she looks great and the wig looks fine.

Because of the discussion about it, I'll notice the wig now when I watch the show, but yeh if it weren't for the whole discussion I would never have noticed or cared about the wig, and i'm sure even now it's not going to be an issue for me for more than a second.

I dont really care about the wig....hell...i love history and have a special interest for the american civil war.....we´ve been given far worst beards on a certain really well known movie (for those who know the theme).

If Emilia Clarke delivers it head on, i will simply not notice. I´ll give it that her hair is different because she is a Targaryen or whatever! I will not even be noticing her hair, there will be far more important stuff to notice like the way she delivers some really important dialogues.

And as far as we have seen and have been told....she does deliver them home!!!! :) So let her play, lets see what she has :)

• 1 month later...

Hmmm... personally the eye color is no big deal for me, but I understand how, for others, it might be an important part of the Targ's "inhuman beauty."

Also, I just saw the dude who plays Viserys in another TV show, and I must say... the guy is seriously hot. He looks way better with dark hair, but you can't have everything.

Well, basically the same here :)

It took some time (about several minutes) to adjust. I expected something different, perhaps a taller girl, brighter, more silvery hair, purple eyes...

After these 5-10 minutes I started appreciating her beauty. And she is simply stunning! I believe she'll make a magical Dany. For the fans who still can't get used to her - I understand, for many it's probably been years of imagining her in a certain way, but it is way more important that Emilia conveys the CHARACTER. This is of course true for all the other actors, as it is the essence of the series. I hope she did her part as Daenerys well. For now, I'm a bit enchanted already :)

The other actress considered (Tamsin Merchant) is more skinny (like some here apparently favor), but not looking younger (slightly tougher maybe) and not as beautiful. I think both are far closer in appearance to the books than Ned, Robert, Drogo, Jon Snow (who of course doesn't look remotely like Ned). Admittedly, Viserys is even better.

From the trailers I have seen (probably not all of them) the worst (and the only really worth nitpicking about) are the Dothraki. The arakhs look simply silly to me and the horde doesn't look like a cross between mongolians and native americans (as I envisioned), but rather like bare chested standard barbarians with awkward sickles instead of axes.

Emilia Clarke does not have violet eyes. She has grey/blue eyes. They do dress her in violet in a few scenes to perhaps give the illusions of some sort of purple-y aspect (and I think she was dressed in violet in the books too, would need to look that up). But her eyes are definitely not violet. But as I've said before, I'm *really* glad they decided not to add contacts to their eyes because colored contacts always look really fake and jarring to me. She has beautiful features and eyes and I'm glad that they are accentuating them rather than hiding them under crappy contacts. Same with Viserys. He looks so damn hot. :drool:

I'm actually surprised...in most scenes Dany actually looks very fitting for the part. Viserys' hair looks too fake...maybe if he were paler, it might be less jarring?

At any rate, any complaints about Targ hair pale in comparison to Cersei's wigs. Damn do they look silly.

Yeah I took that as supposed to look like a wig - and frankly, wigs look VERY different under different types of lenses (like those for interviews versus those for the show). Even then, they look much different to the naked eye. I know there have been famous actors that wear toupees and it's nearly impossible to tell on screen - but it's more obvious when they are filmed under different circumstances, and glaringly obvious when I saw them in person.

So yeah, Cersei's wigs shouldn't be cause for alarm. But then again, I think that Dany and Viserys look fine too so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask! :)

Archived