Daenerys appearance

C.T. Phipps

She is quite beautiful. Her beauty is very wholesome and familiar though, not exotic in the least, and definitely not nearly a waif. She is quite fit but she has a full-bodied shape and nothing is going to hide that, especially not just a few pounds.

So like with Addy or Bean or any number of other characters I have to ask myself does this change in appearance actually hinder the character any? With Addy I would say yes, with Bean I might say a little, but other than helping to sell her weakness early on I don't think it matters as much as the innocence she has to embody and later the strength of her will and the stature of a born queen.

I would have preferred a petite elven princess look for her, someone more along the physical lines of Taylor Momsen or her ilk (if they insist on a lily-white look) but she is hardly reubenesque, and she is beautiful, and unlike Robert or Ned I can't think of someone I would rather they cast for her.

I personally find it hard to believe that "dropping a few" would make a huge difference in the acceptability of her appearance for people who aren't already satisfied enough.

I have difficulty imagining a thinner person would be remotely attractive, then again I may be biased being I like women who don't look like twelve year old girls.

Bossoms=good.

:)

I always wondered if men who had a boner for the 12-year old waif look on women were closet pedophiles. I mean, if they're THAT attracted to the pre-teen body type? It really kind of skeeves me out, truth be told. Not making any accusations here, but it usually crosses my mind (more than once) when I hear about guys who are obsessed with that look.

I mean, you can be on the thin side and healthy, but when you really do resemble a 12 year old girl . . . it's disturbing if men are lusting after you because of that.

We're attracted to whatever we're attracted to. You think that the primitive man waited a few years after a girl was sexually mature to start mating with her? Hell, they probably didn't even wait that long considering we were marring off girls of 11 or 12 only a century or two ago. Attraction is primitive, and finding a 13 year old girl attractive may be socially skeevy in a day and age where that girl is going to be much less mentally mature than her wild primitive counterpart, but there is nothing 'sick' about it as with true pedophiles or other such disorders.

Man...

"Ideally she'd drop a few pounds."

"Are you a pedophile!?"

She's already a tiny bit.. chubby. If she dropped a few, she'd still look normal and healthy. It obviously wouldn't make much of a difference, no - but i never said it would.

It WOULD make her look more like i imagined her, though. And that was the question here. I can imagine her any way i damn well please.

I don't think it's a hint at closet pedophilia, but I just flat out don't get people who love the ultra-thin look.

It's not me.

Well, the ultra thin look does not always equal "12 year old body" look. I've seen women who are naturally slender who could be classified as "ultra thin," but actually look like women.

It's no wonder so many women today are starving themselves because a "size 2" is too fat. Good grief. It's one thing to say, "well, I pictured her more willowy or small-boned or more lithe in body structure/type." It's another thing to sit behind a computer and start doling out the, "she's chubby" comments.

It certainly doesn't make me look at the actress and say, "wow, this guy is right and he's such a cool, witty, perceptive dude for pointing that out."

Quite the opposite end of the spectrum.

I always wondered if men who had a boner for the 12-year old waif look on women were closet pedophiles. I mean, if they're THAT attracted to the pre-teen body type? It really kind of skeeves me out, truth be told. Not making any accusations here, but it usually crosses my mind (more than once) when I hear about guys who are obsessed with that look.

I mean, you can be on the thin side and healthy, but when you really do resemble a 12 year old girl . . . it's disturbing if men are lusting after you because of that.

Ugh, this is a huge pet peeve of mine and it always gets thrown out there when people talk about thin women. Thin women with small bones and breasts and hips does not equal pedophilia, nor does it mean that they look like twelve year old boys. It means they like women with that body type. I hate that that people call them "not real women". Anyway, pedophilia is way more complicated and perverse than that. People are so misinformed as to what constitutes a sexual perversion.

As far as Emilia Clarke's weight goes, she is thin. You can tell that when they show her full body shots with her stomach and hips. However, she does possess a...softness in her upper body. It's in her face a tiny little bit, but more obviously in her upper arms and breasts. I don't think it detracts at all from her appearance (as I think boobs are great and she's very pretty). It does contribute to the fact that she looks less convincingly like a 15 year old - although my daughter is 15 and has a similar body to her, so it's certainly not a truly correlational feature - go to any mall nowadays and you can see plenty of 13 year olds more developed than some adult women. So it's not just her boobs, but there is a maturity in her face and around her eyes that instinctively tells you this is an adult. I often get mistaken for a student when I visit my daughter's high school, and it's this "maturity" that I see in myself that I find it mind boggling for many people to think I'm 16-17 years old. Anyway, totally fine with her appearance not looking that young. Most people that play high schoolers in tv and movies are in their late teens/early twenties anyway.

I agree that she doesn't look like a 15 year old at all. Not sure how old Emilia Clarke is, but from the videos/stills we've seen so far I'd guess she's about 20. Guess it's just one of those things where you have to put your disbelief aside and roll with it, and at the end of the day I don't think it'll be a problem for me.

Also think she's extremely attractive, certainly moreso than Tamzin Merchant, and wouldn't say she's chubby at all. Although in one shot it looked to me like she has very hairy forearms, which is a big turn off for me.

I didn't say anything about 13. She wouldn't look anorectic if she dropped a few.

don't forget what's coming up for her in later seasons. It makes sense if Dany loses a few kg on

her way to Qarth(but please, only a few). That wouldn't work if she would be anorectic from the beginning.

don't forget what's coming up for her in later seasons. It makes sense if Dany loses a few kg on

her way to Qarth(but please, only a few). That wouldn't work if she would be anorectic from the beginning.

I don't want her ever to look anorectic, but you got a point - maybe she will.

It makes sense if Dany loses a few kg on her way to Qarth(but please, only a few). That wouldn't work if she would be anorectic from the beginning.

Very unlikely. Do you actually think they are going to get all the cast with Dany to drop a few pounds on the way to Qarth? (In fact, they probably look after her more, so she should be the least affected by the journey). A bit of make-up and they will all look suitably wasted.

Dany is grand as she is. She is certainly not in any way chubby.

Archived