Daenerys appearance

C.T. Phipps

She reminds me of a Barbie doll - not how I pictured Dany at all.

Uhh I didn't notice her being 6 ft tall and size 0. In fact the other group of *achem* critics... on Dany's appearance have accused her of being FAT. SO I guess we can take the average to get at what she actually looks like:

"too fat" + "Barbie Doll" / 2 = just right (???)

She is a seriously hot woman.

But the hair just looks like any other Peroxide blonde and the eyes are blue...

Where the is the inhuman hair and eye colour.

Post Production computer enhancement?

I have the same opinion about the hair, computer enhancement of the hair, especially eyebrows is definately needed...

As for the eyes, they could make her look too inhuman ( we don't need people to panic seeing an violet-eyed-alien in a fantasy series) or be too tough to recognize on TV, so blue eyes would do for now ...

I have the same opinion about the hair, computer enhancement of the hair, especially eyebrows is definately needed...

Just as long as you know that it isn't going to happen. :) They are not going to waste special effects time on something they could have changed with make-up if they particularly cared about it.

The Targaryens will still be very striking in Westeros, as there wouldn't be others that look like them.

The more I look at the pictures and watch the promos, the more I dislike Danerys' wig. It's not just that it looks fake (though it does), it's also that it looks so weird and inhuman (in a bad way, not "inhumanly beautiful.") Honestly, it looks a lot like horsehair; it almost seems this is being emphasized in some of the photos I've seen. I know I'm nitpicking, and this is something I can get over-- as I said before, Danerys looks great.

Still, I can't help but wonder-- couldn't they have just colored her hair blond? Or would that have looked too fake with her naturally brown hair that I've seen in interviews (I guess the roots might come back in, which would look cheesy.) Still, you see dark haired actresses going blond all of the time for parts; I wonder why it couldn't be done here.

Any thoughts?

Nah. Given the scenes, she had to be at least 18.

Re Clarke's age: I'd say 21- 22. In an interview she mentioned going to acting school for several years. Thus, if she graduated from highschool at 18, that would make her 21. Perhaps a year or so has passed since acting school graduation, which would make her 22. In short-- don't worry, she's well over 18.

Still, I can't help but wonder-- couldn't they have just colored her hair blond? Or would that have looked too fake with her naturally brown hair that I've seen in interviews (I guess the roots might come back in, which would look cheesy.) Still, you see dark haired actresses going blond all of the time for parts; I wonder why it couldn't be done here.

I have assumed (rightly or wrongly) that when dark haired actors go blond, its because they are wearing a wig.

Given the shade they have gone for Dany, I don't think it would be easy to dye that.

Do you know how much damage it causes to dye dark hair the color needed? I just marvel at posts like this.

I wasn't proposing anything. I was merely reacting to seeing her in an interview and opining that her natural hair looked a lot better.

If I were to suggest anything, it might be a better wig, but I know nothing about wigs so I don't know if that's possible.

Do you know how much damage it causes to dye dark hair the color needed? I just marvel at posts like this.

Yep, I had platinum blond for a year and I think my hair follicles are still recovering... They just need a better wig.

Yes, I realize that bleaching hair causes extensive damage. However, Anna Paquin, who plays Sookie Stackhouse on True Blood, has naturally dark (almost black) hair, but dyes it blond for the series. I heard her mention in an interview once that due to the fact that Sookie is supposed to be a "natural blond" she has to color it every few weeks. However, I realize that bleaching the hair platinum blond like the color that Danerys is supposed to be would cause greater hair damage than dying hair golden blond (like paquin) would do.

However, I think there could have been other far better options, rather than the current wig they're going with. For instance, they might have found a more natural looking wig. I know a woman who wears a wig in real life, and it looks far more natural than the one they've stuck on Danerys.

However, I think there could have been other far better options, rather than the current wig they're going with. For instance, they might have found a more natural looking wig. I know a woman who wears a wig in real life, and it looks far more natural than the one they've stuck on Danerys.

Most wigs that look natural are actually made from human hair. Since pure white human hair would be rare I wonder if what's going on here is that Dany's wig is NOT made from human hair (but instead horse hair or something), or it is made from human hair that has been bleached until it is pure white. Either way, it could look kinda fake compared to a genuine, untreated human hair wig.

I must be one of the few people who thinks her wig looks fine. I guess I'm easy to please. For the naysayers' sakes, maybe they'll find a way to improve it next season if we get one. I'll cross my fingers for those of you, and hopefully her performance will be captivating enough to forget about such details. :)

Archived