Wrapping Up Season One

Westeros

Sometime on Wednesday afternoon or evening, the last, “Cut”, will be called, and the first season of HBO’s Game of Thrones will have seen filming completed. The wrap party already took place this past weekend, as much of the foreign crew will be gone by this coming weekend, departed back to home. What’s left now is weeks more of post-production, such as introducing scoring, visual effects, and so on. We already know the writing and production team will be doing preparatory work in case the show gets greenlit for a second season, so we expect at least a couple of scripts and a good deal of location work (including word that Iceland and/or Morocco are under consideration as shooting locations for the East and the lands beyond the Wall) will be done in the intervening months.

We know that on January 7th, the critics of the Television Critics Association will be getting a glimpse of the production through a long panel schedule to feature the executive producers, GRRM, and actors Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage, and Emilia Clarke. Word has it they’ll be getting an exclusive look at the show proper, as well—except a lot of Twitter and blog activity on the night.

And after that? The march towards the April premiere date—we suspect that the actual day will be announced at the TCA Winter Press Tour—with gradually increasing promotion and marketing efforts. The official t-shirts are, to say the least, just a start…

Visit the Site!

(including word that Iceland and/or Morocco are under consideration as shooting locations for the East and the lands beyond the Wall) will be done in the intervening months.

Wow. So they may end up shooting in 3 or 4 different countries if we get ourselves a S2? Or are they likely to drop Malta? Since KL features so much in aCoK, I assumed they would return to Malta. But then, they may have built some of the outdoor sets for KL in Belfast.

It would be grand if they do go elsewhere. I was already thinking about the future threads where people complain about how Quarth, Meereen, Braavos etc all look like Malta. :P I suppose the possible filming in Iceland is for Jon's last chapters in aCoK. Otherwise, he spends his time wandering around forests, which should be doable in N Ireland.

Nice to know they are finishing ahead of time anyhow. :) I feared that the weather here recently would mess things up.

Now, given this story has a large non-US based following I want to hear news of a simultaneous broadcast release across all [English speaking at least] TV markets.

I'm pleased the series has wrapped on filming, but I can't get truly excited until I know when it is I'll be getting to watch it. It'll be essentially the only thing I watch on TV.

Now, given this story has a large non-US based following I want to hear news of a simultaneous broadcast release across all [English speaking at least] TV markets.

I'm pleased the series has wrapped on filming, but I can't get truly excited until I know when it is I'll be getting to watch it. It'll be essentially the only thing I watch on TV.

We already know that won't be happening, although the news about Sky Atlantic suggests they'll be showing it in the UK within a few weeks of US broadcast, maybe a few days. Other broadcasters will roll it out as and when they want to.

All British Sky subscribers need to start lobbying BSkyB to get it aired asap after the HBO premiere, I cannot be held responsible for my actions if this forum goes wild and there's no prospect of seeing aGoT on the horizon... :stunned: :shocked: :tantrum:

Edit: ICELAND!!!!!!! Mega-brilliant idea! Fantastic scenery. If HBO flashes the cash, Iceland may pay some of the money owed back to good old Blighty! Every little bit helps.

Given that it was a midnight wrap yesterday, I'm suspicious it'll be the same.

Told that multiple units are being used, but at least one of them are going to be filming some more Lannister material -- doubtless Tyrion, Tywin, and/or Kevan and co.

We already know that won't be happening, although the news about Sky Atlantic suggests they'll be showing it in the UK within a few weeks of US broadcast, maybe a few days. Other broadcasters will roll it out as and when they want to.

So does this mean Sky TV has the global broadcast rights (or at least the broadcast rights for those countries in which it operates)? I wanna know who I need to pester about when we'll see the show here.

Archived