Already they are preparing the second season?

julandro

On page Winter is coming, are reporting and speculating that HBO are preparing the second season of "Game of Thrones."

I want to know what is your opinion.

I would also say that the campaign promoting the new HBO series, is being too hasty. It may look desperately to attract the viewer, it all seems very soon.

It seems that they will not wait for the results of TV

It seems that they will not wait for the results of TV

I doubt HBO will confirm we will get a S2 until the series airs. But it makes sense that they look at the costs of a second season in advance of that. For example, they did a lot of work on GoT before they gave S1 a greenlight. So this is just more of the same. They could easily pull the plug if things don't go well (either viewer wise or budget wise).

So I don't think they are been hasty. Just normal diligence. I doubt it will look desperate to attract viewers. There are cheaper ways to do that.

We may be hasty in thinking it is a sure thing though. :)

The speculations are a bit breathless. We already knew from Bryan Cogman that after S1 wraps this Wednesday, the producers are already going to start work on preparing for a second season ... even though they don't know they'll get one. Why? Because of the lead time. They air in April, they hopefully get the greenlight then, they'll need as much done as possible to be able to quickly get ready to start shooting S2 starting in June or perhaps even May.

So, some writing will be done, some location planning, some production design planning, VFX breakdowns for the 2-4 scripts that will likely be written in the interim, etc... all in case the show is a success and gets a second season.

But it's not a guarantee. If it does very badly, then HBO is unlikely to get for a second season.

It's not about attracting viewers. The only people paying attention to this stuff are the super-fans, like us, who are already are probably inclined to watch it, anyway.

Not strictly true, given the tweets I'm seeing from people who are watching HBO's videos on the air and are starting to get interested. But a large part of it is aimed at keeping steady buzz going among fans of the series and fantasy in general, certainly.

It's not about attracting viewers. The only people paying attention to this stuff are the super-fans, like us, who are already are probably inclined to watch it, anyway.

Not quite. There are people who know super fans like us who are following the series already, and the promo-work thus far has piqued their interest. So I think it's working in the series' favour. I do laugh when those people tell me about a new exciting bit of information (or video clip) thinking they got to it before me. :laugh:

Archived