Aussie LII

brook

need some advice: i just lost a stone out of my wedding ring for the second time :( the first time they replaced it for me but im not sure if they will this time...but i dont see why this should keep happening. i've been wearing it for less than two years, and i take it off to clean or wrestle about with the gentle giant, so its not like im rough guts with it. plus its a flat ring. apparently last time they tightened the settings (that said its a flat ring, no bits sticking out), so im worried theyll try to say its my fault. ive brought other jewellry from this place( including engagement ring) and absolutely no dramas, still fantastic. i feel like this isnt my fault and something that shouldnt be happening, so dont see why i should have to pay for repairs...i dont know if the person who made it smaller screwed it up somehow...but just wondering, should i go in guns blazing and express my unhappiness, or go in calm and scope their reaction?

Oh she has more than that, my family may be nuts but we are close so there is that :)

Christmas is shaping up to be wonderful, its the first time in a few years we'll have my sister on Christmas day so there will be a tribe of kids running around getting spoiled. Plus my inlaws have decided to spend Christmas at the gold coast so I have absolutely no obligation there :thumbsup:

Is it really snowing in Victoria and NSW on what is the equivient of mid-June in the northern Hemisphere? How bizzare is this weather?

I just heard about that as well, I'm not sure how much snow. But if it's any indication of how shit house the weather is, the forecast for the next week has the highest temperature on one day being 24. Where 24 should easily be the coldest day and we should be hitting 40's and at least 30's.

need some advice: i just lost a stone out of my wedding ring for the second time :( the first time they replaced it for me but im not sure if they will this time...but i dont see why this should keep happening. i've been wearing it for less than two years, and i take it off to clean or wrestle about with the gentle giant, so its not like im rough guts with it. plus its a flat ring. apparently last time they tightened the settings (that said its a flat ring, no bits sticking out), so im worried theyll try to say its my fault. ive brought other jewellry from this place( including engagement ring) and absolutely no dramas, still fantastic. i feel like this isnt my fault and something that shouldnt be happening, so dont see why i should have to pay for repairs...i dont know if the person who made it smaller screwed it up somehow...but just wondering, should i go in guns blazing and express my unhappiness, or go in calm and scope their reaction?

I would probably try to start off calm but be prepared to get more forceful if they don't recognise it is a problem they need to fix.

I can't bring myself to complain about the weather, we've been getting temps in mostly the mid-late 20's and in my house anything over 30 sends me trying to find somewhere airconditioned to evacuate to so I'm actually enjoying it.

By the way brook, I just saw in the paper that there is going to be a Lego World Exhibition near Sydney Aquarium starting the 22nd of December. That's if you haven't already got one of the devil's something for Christmas. If you have you could buy me a ticket :grouphug:

ohhh, I have bought their presents (the oldest troublesome one ended up getting a remote control car) but that sounds like a great excuse to get out of the house before Christmas holidays drive me even battier.

I'm also thinking about buying this http://cudo.com.au/sydney as an extra gift for the family (ok me), I shouldn't be spending more but 50% off zoo membership is tempting...

yeah I might do that. We're doing the reptile park in somersby while Phil is off between Christmas and New year and I'd like to do the zoo then too.

I'm going to do the powerhouse with Balin once Keith starts back at preschool, that way I can leave Darius with mum for the day and I'll feel much more up to coping with dragging him around Sydney on public transport.

I'll buy you a ticket on the condition that whenever one of the kids does something horrible I get to pretend he's yours and nothing to do with me.

Great to hear from you Pax hope you enjoy europe.

Also hope you are not flying Quantas.

Well have lots of holes in me from them trying to take blood for testing so now we just have to wait for the results.

Left arm is trying to swell at the elbow now so driving even a very short distance is going to be beyond me soon.

If it follows the same pattern then it will last for about 4 days, still I can walk somewhat so it is better than the leg swelling at ankle or knee again.

Balance is worse than ever the room feels like it is spinning all the time now.

It is also the summer solstice today so hope everyone enjoys themselves.

Life goes on regardless so am still fighting with centrelink to get some sort of payment from sickness benefits.

Xmas will be spent at home alone this year since I will be unable to go anywhere. Might be a bit hungry also but we will see.

At least my Holy day I have food for.

hopefully we will have the balance problem fixed soon and I will be back at work, either that or I will be cashing in some super simply to stay alive.

Ski you throw kids in the harbour and you know Brook will do the same for you :D

having sen that harbour I would not want to swim in it.

Is it really snowing in Victoria and NSW on what is the equivient of mid-June in the northern Hemisphere? How bizzare is this weather?

December in Victoria can be quite mercurial. I remember one day about 12 years ago when it was forecast for a high of 36C (97F) before a cold front rolled in, but the front arrived early and it only topped out at around 18C (65F). So it's no surprise to see freak cold blasts in the higher elevations. I seem to remember a year or two ago there was snow at much lower elevations in November or December, even 100 miles or closer to Melbourne.

The eternal battle between the southern ocean and the interior.

Still, pretty bizarre.

December in Victoria can be quite mercurial. I remember one day about 12 years ago when it was forecast for a high of 36C (97F) before a cold front rolled in, but the front arrived early and it only topped out at around 18C (65F). So it's no surprise to see freak cold blasts in the higher elevations. I seem to remember a year or two ago there was snow at much lower elevations in November or December, even 100 miles or closer to Melbourne.

The eternal battle between the southern ocean and the interior.

Still, pretty bizarre.

These rain fronts are coming from the north though not from the southern ocean and Antartica.

Due to the speeding up of the Antartic winds it has drawn the monsoons further south. This doesn't mean it stays hot though as it moves south it goes from humid tropical to a true cold front as the snow shows us.

Stormborne, you will probably find you can claim the stone on household insurance. The thing is that if it keeps falling out then clearly something is wrong.

ETA: I am finally on the mend, the balance problem is much reduced and at this rate another day or two and it will be business as normal thankfully. Now I just have to get out of the financial hole it has left me in.

Yay, first day off work and I've been doing all these non-work things that I need to get done. Back to work on 4th Jan. Nice little break. Should be good.

Archived