What are you listening two?

Ski the Swift

i just thought id say i was pleasantly suprised when i found out that daley who features on the gorillaz "

" was a dude, not that theres anything wrong with it, but what a hawt voice!

all aside im listening to a bit of the ben folds + nick hornby (yes the author) workings. particulary

and
and

Spent the last 3 weeks listening to Djordje Balasevic in prep for his concert and now with that behind me some of The Killers Christmas singles.

I always love listening to The Killers Christmas singles/albums. I haven't heard any of this years though, any decent?

I started listening to Dead Letter Circus. Holy crap, I don't know why but I love this band, nearly every single song is awesome.

is one of my favorites.

I bought their recent album when it came out, it was in my "Buy a lot of stuff you haven't really heard much" phase. It was quite easily my worst buy of 2010. I am really not into this sort of music, reminds me too much of Yellowcard and Red Jump Suit Apparatus and I am really not into that. I actually gave it away to one of my friends, that is how much I despised it.

I also wasn't impressed with Tame Impala's album, as much as it got raved about this year. I enjoyed the popular song but everything else just seemed too similar to it.

I feel pretty bad because I'm basically bagging out two Australian bands but it cannot be helped if I don't like them.

It took us long enough but I feel the music community is starting to come out here on the boards. Let's keep the discussion up people and keep the recommendations and what you've you been listening to coming.

I'll put this out there, Tim Minchin's

I love Tim Minchin. Here's something I never thought I'd say seriously,

I have had this song in my head all day, and I am now listening to it in an attempt to exorcise it.

For those who don't like mystery links, it is the Grateful Dead's classic "Casey Jones", which also comes in a

with some jarring stereo panning and quaint psychadelic effects.

Listening to Double Nickels on the Dime in honor of the 25th anniversary of D. Boon's death.

One of my all-time favorite albums from one of my all-time favorite bands. And it features one of my all-time

. As far as I'm concerned, you can replace "my all-time favorite" with "the best punk rock" everywhere in the previous sentence and it's still true.

Currently I'm listening to a live webcast of Belle and Sebastiain playing live in Glasgow at the moment. Since they don't seem to touring anywhere near Cambridge I suppose this is the next best thing.

Oh, thanks for the link. I'll watch it when I get home later. I really hope they'll swing by SEAsia next year.

Got reminded of Roxy music's proggy 'For your Pleasure' a few months ago, listened to the album yesterday, along with Zappa's 'Hot Rats'.

Mr PT got blue ray for his 5.1 surround sound system, Porcupine Tree's 'Anaesthetise' DVD totally blew me away. Seen them live five times, this is as good as live. Seriously. :wub:

Archived