What are you listening two?

Ski the Swift

"Bell Boy" was the only track (out of the entire double-album) on it that I kept coming back too. Otherwise, the whole thing was too long and too lacking.

Seriously? That's usually the track that most audiophiles dislike, while praising the others. You must be weird.

Been playing mainly Within Temptation's latest - The Unforgiving, a bit heavier than expected, but still a wonderful album - with my regular healthy dose of Epica mixed in.

I'm quite a big fan of WT. The Unforgiving was a huge letdown. Terribly bland and samey, with nothing memorable. Also don't know what you're getting at with "heavier than expected", since it's their lightest album by far.

Currently immersing myself in music from the early 70's that I haven't heard yet. I feel like there's an near-universal opinion that the music from that era (circa '69-'75) was the best ever produced and I would like to decide for myself if I can dig it.

I'm listening to them in batches and this was the first batch of albums that I listened to:

Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure

Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain

Yes, and yeeeeessss!!! :bowdown:

JB

i can dig gambino some, but frank ocean? idk i have checked a bunch of stuff out by odd future on youtube and i just cant feel it.

Love the Raconteurs, Like the white stripes, But I love, loveThe Dead Weather

even though i have the hots for meg looks like Jack shoulda been doing the drumming too i guess

I dug this one outta the vault, still relevant i think.

Seriously? That's usually the track that most audiophiles dislike, while praising the others. You must be weird.

ah weird. yes, weird is good ;) Anyway, I guess I dislike The Who in general with the exception of a few (of their more popular) songs that are pretty great.

Yes, and yeeeeessss!!! :bowdown:

Loving Roxy Music. Not digging Brian Eno a whole lot though. Not that album and I remember not being crazy about Another Green World either.

I agree, I love his solo stuff. I must have listened to Glimpses a thousand times...

Glimpses and Truth are probably the best two tracks from the album, not that I do not love the rest of the album. It is pretty solid. At the moment I've got the new Fleet Foxes album going, it suits the weather around my way at the moment really.

Currently immersing myself in music from the early 70's that I haven't heard yet. I feel like there's an near-universal opinion that the music from that era (circa '69-'75) was the best ever produced and I would like to decide for myself if I can dig it.

Right now here's what I'm taking on:

Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidananda

Art Ensemble of Chicago - Les stances à Sophie

Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)

Ennio Morricone - Giù la testa

Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

João Gilberto - João Gilberto

Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On

Santana - Abraxas

Stevie Wonder - Talking Book

Yes - Fragile

Loving the Alice Coltrane album the most so far! Some of the best piano-based jazz I've ever heard.

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is a great choice to get introduced to Genesis’ early stuff.

Fragile is a good pick for some of the more accessible Yes songs, but if you like “cosmic rock” I would check out Close to the Edge (1972)

Some of my albums I've been listening to the last week or two:

Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math

Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising

This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket

TesseracT - One

Face to Face - Face to Face

Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come

Explosions in the Sky - Take Care, Take Care, Take Care

Thomas Giles - Pulse

The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is a great choice to get introduced to Genesis’ early stuff.

Fragile is a good pick for some of the more accessible Yes songs, but if you like “cosmic rock” I would check out Close to the Edge (1972)

Thanks for those tips! I'll be sure to post my impressions here and the other 70's albums I've been taking on lately.

Bill Callahan - Apocalypse

Bill Calahan is so great. Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle was so beautiful and one of the best albums of 2009. Anyone remotely interested in Folk/Country/Americana music should check that album out.

Archived