What are you listening two?

Ski the Swift

Blind Guardian's latest, At the Edge of Time is really, really good too. I've listened to their older stuff a bit, but it's never really gotten to me that I've been compelled to listen to them more, but I'm really digging their newest.

I've been sampling a bit of Blind Guardian. Thus far, I'd say their ok. But just that. Maybe I'm listening to the wrong songs; I haven't found anything really impressive yet.

On a related note, a friend has recently pointed me in the direction of Stratovarius - which is absolutely delightful. :)

AHA!!! I finally found the song I was looking for, it's from a Ford and Foxtel commercial.

, I love it.

Jonsi's the lead singer from Sigur Ros, yes? This is from his new solo CD I think.. Love his voice.

picture a dark smoky underground club, waiter with a glass eye, tables with red velvet cloth, candle light, beaded lamp shades.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDC7oMOnmCc

This is excellent, thank you!

On another Unwound listening kick at the moment. Every now and again I get reobsessed with them, particularly the album The Future of What, and particularly the song "

" from that album. Of course, that song is one of my very favorite songs, period.

(Not to be confused with "

" by The Clash, which is my favorite song. Or is it "
" by Dismemberment Plan? I can never keep these things straight.)

Mumford and Sons, Sigh No More. The whole album is great, but

and
are awesome songs.

I've been listening to this daily on the drive into work, and I love it. White Blank Page is probably my favourite.

picture a dark smoky underground club, waiter with a glass eye, tables with red velvet cloth, candle light, beaded lamp shades.... http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bDC7oMOnmCc

Nice! Yegelle Tezeta is part of the Broken Flowers soundtrack, which I haven't listened to in a while. Great movie too.

I should be at a Joanna Newsom show, but it's been cancelled (and I didn't know about it until I got to the venue...). And she's not coming back to Paris until June, when I won't be living here anymore. I guess I'll never see her live now. :crying:

I picked up Sufjan Stevens The Age of Adz a while ago. I haven't listened to any of his stuff, but I thought I'd just give it a try.

Ugh, is about all I can muster up to describe my experience listening to it. I should probably give it at least one more chance, but I honestly really don't want to.

I've also been listening to The Pineapple Thief lately, which is really great music, at least the one album I've heard is pretty awesome. It's very mellow and melancholic. The singer reminds me of a perfect mix of Thom Yorke and Steve Wilson. Check it out if you like things that are fantastic.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

(the video is kinda ass, but the song is ace)

Do you say this as someone who hasn't listened to him much in the past but has heard the hype, or do you say it as someone who already was well-familiarized with his entire catalogue that just doesn't like the new stuff?

The former. I haven't listened to any of his music.

Archived