Your choice for Characters not yet cast.....

lukahnli

So for characters who haven't been cast yet in the series, who would ya'll pick?

Margarey Tyell - Rachel McAdams

Oberyn Martell - Richard Armitage (MI:5 & Robin Hood)

Tom O' Sevens - Denis O'Hare

Lady Olenna Redwyne - Helen Mirren

Arianne Martell - Megan Fox (its how I picture her in the book)

Ya'll get the idea.

So for characters who haven't been cast yet in the series, who would ya'll pick?

Ya'll get the idea.

Rachel McAdams to play a teenage Margaery Tyrell? Is that a joke? Even with her being American, which in and of itself is prohibitive, she's 32 years old. Margaery is 15 in the books, will probably be aged up slightly for the show.

Megan Fox? What?

Whatever, I'm not even going to respond to that.

Rachel McAdams to play a teenage Margaery Tyrell? Is that a joke? Even with her being American, which in and of itself is prohibitive, she's 32 years old. Margaery is 15 in the books, will probably be aged up slightly for the show.

Megan Fox? What?

Whatever, I'm not even going to respond to that.

I guess I spaced on Rachel McAdams being that old. My bad. No need for hostility.

The Megan Fox bit was kind of a joke.

Ya'll get the idea.

Well in my mind, Arianne is a young Penelope Cruz and Magarey I see as Emma Watson.

I think Richard Armitage has enough on his plate with the two Hobbit movies and the promotion hell he'll have to go through. But maybe the timing will work out. We'll see. At least, we know he already has experience of squaring off with a seven footish guy.

Helen Mirren is prohibitive. She's very sought after by the industry. Besides, she looks atonishing for her age and the Queen of Thorns is much more decrepit looking. This is a role I'm not worried about, because if the British movie industry can show off something is her very deep pool of extremely talented elderly actresses. Personally, I'd love to see Angela Lansbury in the role. After so many years solving crimes and being a sweet granny, it would be refreshing seeing her plotting, conspiring and given witty remarks to everyone that moves.

Davos Seaworth - Peter Mullan

That's a very good choice. He could work as Blackfish too.

I think Richard Armitage has enough on his plate with the two Hobbit movies and the promotion hell he'll have to go through. But maybe the timing will work out. We'll see. At least, we know he already has experience of squaring off with a seven footish guy.

Helen Mirren is prohibitive. She's very sought after by the industry. Besides, she looks atonishing for her age and the Queen of Thorns is much more decrepit looking. This is a role I'm not worried about, because if the British movie industry can show off something is her very deep pool of extremely talented elderly actresses. Personally, I'd love to see Angela Lansbury in the role. After so many years solving crimes and being a sweet granny, it would be refreshing seeing her plotting, conspiring and given witty remarks to everyone that moves.

That's a very good choice. He could work as Blackfish too.

How about Dame Maggie Smith as Lady Olena Redwyne.

Qyburn - John Hurt or David Bradley

GH

• 2 weeks later...

Ygritte Hannah Murray or Alice Henley or Lea Seydoux or Ruth Wilson or Natalie Brayor Martina Horrigan or Sarah Hilmer Rex

Asha -Noomi Rapace or Lyndsey Marshal or Charlotte Riley

Brienne - Gwendoline Christie

Melisandre - Olga Kurylenko or Eva Green or Gong Li or Elena Satine

Davos - Peter Mullan or Robert Carlyle

Stannis – Christopher Eccleston or Richard Armitage or Mark Strong or Kevin McKidd or Luis Tosar or Peter Stormare or Ray Stevenson

Roose - Gary Oldman or Jason Isaac or Mads Mikkelsen or Paul McGann or Jürgen Prochnow or Oleg Menshikov or Peter Stormare or Stellan Skarsgård

Ramsay - Cillian Murphy or Nicholas Hoult or Tom Payneor Bill Skarsgård or Gustaf Skarsgård or Michael Pitt or Aaron Johnson

Ygritte (...) Roose(...)

Are you just posting wishful casting to show us your preferences or are you honestly trying to offer some realistic choices? Because if it's the latter, I'm afraid you are missing the mark.

Ygritte - Hannah Murray

She's doable for sure, but do you really see her as a spearwife?

Asha -Noomi Rapace

Too fragile looking and petite to pass for a warrior who likes axe juggling. I know she kicks ass as Lisbeth Sallander, but Lisbeth Salander is supposed to look like that. Besides, and more importantly, her movie career now is at its top, with the promotion tour for Sherlock Holmes 2 coming probably by the time the second season of GOT would be filmed, plus projects offers coming to her left and right, and a lead in the next Ridley Scott movie.

Melisandre - Eva Green

The perfect choice for me, unfortunately Eva Green scored the lead in Camelot. Even if the series doesn't get a second season, I can't see HBO offering her another "evil enchantress" role right after she has done it for Starz, nor I think she would accept it.

Melissandre: Olga Kurylenko or Gong Li

I can't fault you with these two. Not my personal choice, but both are doable. However, in a cast who's full of white people, I doubt HBO would get a non-white actress for what (so far) is a "baddie" role, specially if at this point, the other non-white actors cast are playing barbarian raiders and prostitutes.

Stannis – Christopher Eccleston or Richard Armitage or Mark Strong

Christopher Eccleston despises the idea of being identified with one character and/or being committed to one role, so with Stannis be required for several seasons he's out of the equation. Mark Strong is very hot right now at movies, so he's out too. Armitage's commitments to The Hobbit make him impossible as well. It could be possible for a meaty but brief role like the Red Viper, and even this I find it unlikely.

Davos - Peter Mullan or Robert Carlyle

Those are tricky. Carlyle is free of his SG:Universe commitment, so he's doable but I'm not sure if he'd be interested to do several seasons in a secondary role. Peter Mullan is always so damn busy that it's hard to second guess.

Roose - Gary Oldman or Mads Mikkelsen

That have to be a joke. These two are everywhere. No way you're gonna get them committed to several seasons in such a minor role.

Are you just posting wishful casting to show us your preferences or are you honestly trying to offer some realistic choices? Because if it's the latter, I'm afraid you are missing the mark.

I would say most of my suggestions besides Gary Oldman, Mads Mikkelsen, and maybe Noomi Rapace, Richard Armitage, Mark Strong and Gong Li, are realistic ones, the rest of them are at least affordable. Yes some of my suggestions where probably wishful casting but not the majority of them. If you want to criticizes people for ONLY mentioning unrealistic casting choices I hardly think I'm of them.

She's doable for sure, but do you really see her as a spearwife?

Look wise Hannah Murray has always been my Nr 1 choice for Ygritte (her face is person I see in my mind when I think of the character), she even has the crocked teeth. She hasn't played any "spearwife" kind of roles before, but that doesn't mean she wont be good in them. So far in her career Hannah has been type casted in the "troubled teenager" kind of roles, but that obviously doesn't mean thats the only kind of roles she can play.

Could you specify with of mine suggestions you are thinking of?

I think I just did, but if you want me to be more precise: Oldman, Rapace, Mikkelsen, Armitage, Strong, Eccleston, Green and Carlyle for all the reasons I've already post.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love have some of your choices be cast. Mark Strong is a perfect Stannis. Eva Green is Melissandre incarnated. Carlyle would be amazing Davos (so would it be Oldman, although you'd rather have as Bolton). But I think there's no chance of having them on board. Some are doable AND great for the roles (Mullan in particular, and where had you been hiding Lea Seydoux till now?).

Look wise Hannah Murray has always been my Nr 1 choice for Ygritte, she even has the crocked teeth. She hasn't played any "spearwife" kind of roles before, but that doesn't mean she wont be good in them. So far in her career Hannah has been type casted in the "troubled teenager" kind of roles, but that obviously doesn't mean thats the only kind of roles she can play.

Well, if we are gonna look for actresses that have played a "spearwife" before, obviously we'd be diving in a very shallow pool. Right now I only can remember Keira Knightly in "King Arthur" and Olga Kurylenko in "Centurion". Maybe we can throw Zoe Saldana in "Avatar" and perhaps Natalie Portman in "Your Highness". I'll definitely leave out Aishwayra Rai from "The Last Legion".

Anyway, I digress. The reason for what I express surprise by the Hannah Murray suggestion is not because she hasn't played a warrior before. Few have. Natalia Tena hasn't for instance, and I have no problem imagine her as Osha. It is because I can't see fierceness in Hannah Murray; I can't see her standing her ground to Rattleshirt. I can't see her slicing an old man's throat. Maybe she can pull it and surprise me, but right now I don't see her. Now, Lea Seydoux. yeah, I can see her.

If you want to criticizes people for ONLY mentioning unrealistic casting choices I hardly think I'm of them.

I never said you only mentioned unrealistic choices. I specified in my post the ones I though were unrealistic and the reasoning of why I call them so. And if I picked your post was precisely because in my opinion it was such a mixture of realistic and unrealistic choices that I was confused what your goal was. If your suggestion were all of the wishing kind I wouldn't have bothered replying. My intention was more like pointing out the difficulties of getting those roles cast with some of your choices, so you can do a re-thinking if you agree with me or discuss it if you don't(*). I never intended to dismiss all your suggestions all together, nor make you feel attacked or criticized.

(*) And it is even more relevant now, because after you've edited your post, you're offering many more realistic choices than the first time.

A few suggestions (feasibility be damned):

Well, I think they are feasible enough. The only problem is that you're casting too far ahead. You are perfectly on topic, mind you, but I reckon it's better for debate's sake to stick for now with characters likely to appear during the second season.

Archived