Extended Trailer Screened to Critics

Westeros

Yep. Thoros of Myr was first through, and Ser Jorah was not far behind.

We actually know nothing at all regarding Eddard's role in the rebellion besides joining in the campaign and then being there at Pyke to accept Balon's surrender. In particular, there's never any reference to his actually fighting at all.

Probably he did, given his propensity to lead from the front, but that doesn't mean too much.

I don't think there is any question Theon fear him, far more than he feared Robb.

Robb was Theon’s friend, and Eddard was the guy who took him hostage when he was a child. Of course Theon feared Eddard, but I don’t think that was based on anything particular Ned did during the war. It was more about his stern appearance, his reserved personality, and the whole hostage situation. Also, although Theon teased Robb about being a “child” early on, he was perfectly happy to accept Robb as his king and to take orders from him until he found out that his father had other plans. It doesn’t seem to me that his side-switching had anything to do with a lack of respect for Robb, which is why I didn’t like the implications of that line in the script.

Anyway, the possible changes to Eddard’s and others’ personalities are much more significant to me than changes in fighting ability.

Anyway, the possible changes to Eddard's and others' personalities are much more significant to me than changes in fighting ability.

His fighting ability seems to be the main change in his personality. Now he can bandy words with Jaime.

ha! Jaime didnt want to fight him and he is one from great to brilliant tier.

In GoT when Ned breaks his leg? Jaime didn't want to fight Ned because he expected to kill Ned.

Archived