The Factual History of A Song of Ice and Fire: including complete bibliography

Werthead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's answered in the OT:

The Sworn Sword was first published in the Legends II anthology, also by Robert Silverberg. A graphic novel adaption by the same team as the first is available.

Legends II was also split into three volumes for US paperback publication. The Sworn Sword is found inside the volume entitled Legends II: Dragon, Sword and King. However, the UK paperback edition was published in one volume.

The third 'Dunk & Egg' story, The Mystery Knight was published in an anthology called Warriors, edited by Gardner Dozois and GRRM in March 2010. Warriors has been issued in paperback in three volumes; The Mystery Knight is in the first volume, Warriors 1.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'll have to start saving my pennies if I am to own the complete ASoIaF related bibliography and maybe even the boardgame some day...

Interesting, I learned something new of the series history, like the fact that book seven was supposed to be called that. That was a complete surprise and now I just can't stop thinking what it suggests for the ending... I almost feel spoiled. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I recently finished reading "The Hedge Knight" but now that you say there are multiple versions how do I know which one I've read and if I've gotten the full story or not? I bought the Kindle version from Amazon, it was the only one I saw so I got it.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps "The Village Hero", the working title for the fifth Dunk and Egg novel, should be added to the list as well? I do think that it should be mentioned that both The Village Hero and The She-Wolves of Winterfell are only working titles.

Also, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms will be released next year, in 2015, not this year.

Edited by Rhaenys_Targaryen

Found something weird for the Dunk and Egg novels. Was thinking about the best way to buy them, and found this: http://www.bol.com/nl/p/wereld-van-lied-van-ijs-vuur-ridder-van-zeven-koninkrijken/9200000022055191/ . Also saw it in a bookstore. Basicly, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms isn't released in english, but it is in Dutch?

Apparently so. The summary checks out!

In a recent Not a Blog, GRRM did say that this was the case in some countries. In English, such a volume won't be published until next year.

Apparently so. The summary checks out!

In a recent Not a Blog, GRRM did say that this was the case in some countries. In English, such a volume won't be published until next year.

Yes, the English version will have numerous illustrations by Gary Gianni. Drawings take time, but the wait will be worth it because Gianni's art is excellent and his style is perfect for this universe.

Edited by Hodor?

You all know he will die before he finishes the books. If only he didn't spend so much time wondering where the whores go. Seriously GRRM: not your best work.

I don't think you'll last long on this board with comments like that.

• 1 month later...

ALSO,

for ASoIaF computer games there is a mod for the open source game TripleA. It's basically a board game but played on the PC. You can play it locally (yourself and whomever is with you and the AI) or online against others you know who have the game too. Download TripleA and then run it and there is a button on the main screen called "Download Maps". Click on it and scroll through the maps until you find Game of Thrones.

Playable factions include:

Stark

Wildlings (start north of the Wall)

Greyjoy

Tully

Arryn

Lannister

Baratheon

Tyrell

Martell

Targaryen (start in Essos)

Free Cities

Dothraki

It sort of plays like Risk or Axis and Allies. It's a lot fun. But unfortunately there are no alliances (unless you are playing with real people and can informally declare them, you can still attack people deemed "friendly") so if it's just you vs the AI... Good luck.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE FUN!!!

• 2 months later...

Serious question > Does anybody actually know the exact or approximate date of The Winds of Winter's release? Has that knowledge been made available to the public yet because all I keep seeing is that it's "forthcoming" ... Not very specific, though I only ask because it's been "forthcoming" for what feels like the longest time.. Thanks :crying: