New Promo Teaser Tonight

Westeros

HBO has sent us word—in the midst of Golden Globe madness—that they are in fact airing a new promo piece for Game of Thrones right before the start of the final season premiere of Big Love, at 9PM Eastern. Tune in at 8:45PM to watch a special pre-show which will include this teaser!

It sounds like Making Game of Thrones is likely to release a new photo right around that time and, we hope, an on-line stream of the new promo piece. From what we’ve heard, this may be the same, short trailer shown to critics at the opening of the presentation last Friday at the Winter TCA.

Visit the Site!

It's good to get a 'confirmation' of sorts that Littlefinger truly is after that gruesome Iron Chair ;-). Seeing Jon there was too much, I think, and really is also a 'confirmation' of sorts which I don't want to get through this series, but in the books!

Great trailer. The design of the Iron Throne is fairly close to how I imagined it, though with a more awesome splay of swords making up the back - it looks better than I imagined, is what I'm saying.

I love all the quotes. I wonder if they got that from the discussions we had at the focus groups. The idea of using quotes on posters was mentioned, like people had done on those fan made posters. Not the same quotes, but the same general idea.

The final unfurling of the raven's wings seemingly out of the Iron Throne with the title was really cool, too.

I noticed the font in the teaser is different from the tie-in book cover we saw, so I'm thinking the book cover artwork is just temporary now. I wonder what it will look like when it comes out?

Varys,

I don't think Catelyn is after the Iron Throne, nor Ned. ;) This is purely a sort of symbolic teaser, and in no way are the characters being on the throne supposed to suggest anything about their actual motives or futures. It's just ... images.

It's good to get a 'confirmation' of sorts that Littlefinger truly is after that gruesome Iron Chair ;-). Seeing Jon there was too much, I think, and really is also a 'confirmation' of sorts which I don't want to get through this series, but in the books!

I don't think any of that "confirms" anything. I mean, they have Catelyn in the chair too. They just took many of the main characters and featured them in that one setting to get across the idea of people fighting against each other for control, power, etc. and that it all centers around the throne.

Well, Cat and Ned are at least involved in the political power struggles... And Ned came as close as a Stark can get to the Iron Throne. He was, after all, Hand of the King, Lord Regent, and Lord Protector of the Realm.

But Jon has no part in all of that. Sure, I know that this is a teaser to introduce out main characters, but still, the choice can be interpreted in a certain way. And it's interesting that Littlefinger, who is not really a main character, is there as well.

Saw it when it was first on at 9, but I was still really drunk after watching the football games today, so now that I'm feeling a little more sober I just watched the promo again and I gotta say: I really like it. While I did easily recognize some of the quotes from the book, like Tyrion's one, a lot of them seemed new. Also, I have no clue who was saying that last line about killing everyone.

That's not a complaint of course, much like everything else that has come out about the series, I really liked this promo. The Iron Throne looks amazing. It was one of the fear things I could never really properly picture in my head and usually just gave up on, I'm glad someone in production has a better imagination then me because it looks great.

Well, Cat and Ned are at least involved in the political power struggles... And Ned came as close as a Stark can get to the Iron Throne. He was, after all, Hand of the King, Lord Regent, and Lord Protector of the Realm.

But Jon has no part in all of that. Sure, I know that this is a teaser to introduce out main characters, but still, the choice can be interpreted in a certain way. And it's interesting that Littlefinger, who is not really a main character, is there as well.

Yeah... i thought it was too much too. Along with epic flashes and music pumping and banging and Ned clearly being heard "youre my blood" and everything...

The throne looked to clean and safely melded, lacks more sharp edges and parts of blades.

And was that horrible, painful, booing voice over of Winter being:

"this one will be long (oh noes!) uuuuuu.... and dark... uhuuuuu"

- necessary?

- necessary?

what voice? that sounded like gears turning and wind blowing to me. i believe maester aemon was the one saying it so since he's on the wall it makes sense that you would hear eerie sounds.

and i don't think its a big deal that jon is sitting on the throne. it's just showing some of the main characters in this series.

Yeah... i thought it was too much too. Along with epic flashes and music pumping and banging and Ned clearly being heard "youre my blood" and everything...

The throne looked to clean and safely melded, lacks more sharp edges and parts of blades.

- necessary?

Man, I cant wait for you to review the first episode SK.

Jaime's line at the end was fucking perfect.

I really really loved this promo it was full of menace and show the characters would off eachother if they got the chance. I really liked Eddards line"If you kill me your brother's a dead man". I just loved the sense of malice in it its just what I got from the book

Oh this is amazing, I knew when I woke up this morning that I should check the Making Of Site (I went to bed before the announcement was made) and THIS is what I find.

I love the design and the new animation with the raven in the end and the new logo. I like Roberts lines, he sounds just like I expected him to be and Catelyn as well.

That was master Aemon? Dear god!

Both him and Old Nan are to be some caricatures that wildly overblow every line about winter as if theyre trying to scare some kids in a kamp? I mean they could not overplay it more if they tried. Ghastly.

What Jaime line?

That "ill kill everyone..."?

Looked just schizophrenic silly to me.

.. and i should know.

That was master Aemon? Dear god!

Both him and Old Nan are to be some caricatures that wildly overblow every line about winter as if theyre trying to scare some kids in a kamp? I mean they could not overplay it more if they tried. Ghastly.

What Jaime line?

That "ill kill everyone..."?

Looked just schizophrenic silly to me.

.. and i should know.

Isn't that exactly what Aemon and Old Nan are?

And the Jaime line is from the book too.

And whats a kamp?

Archived