New Promo Teaser Tonight

Westeros

SK

most of these lines come from the books and they way they are said in the trailer doesn't mean they say it the same way (or even at all) in the show. it's a teaser so obviously they are going to try and make it intense instead of having the actors say things very monotone. and i'm pretty sure all old nan ever talked about was intense tales of monsters and heroics.

STOP THIS MADNESS IN THE NAME OF YOUR KING!

Man, I really, really loved that trailer, loved the characters and especially loved the lines from the book. They way it shows Jaime sat on the throne is exactly how I pictured it from the flashbacks to when he kills Aerys...minus the golden armour.

Not sold on the delivery of some of the lines or all of the accents. That being said I can't wait until I can actually watch the show rather than nitpicking short teaser clips. Given how much praise the actors are getting I'm cautiously optimistic.

I am surprised they put Jon Snow on the throne already, maybe they're going to make the R + L = J connection more clear than it would be for someone who reads the first book only once and stays off internet forums such as this one.

That was master Aemon? Dear god!

Both him and Old Nan are to be some caricatures that wildly overblow every line about winter as if theyre trying to scare some kids in a kamp? I mean they could not overplay it more if they tried. Ghastly.

What Jaime line?

That "ill kill everyone..."?

Looked just schizophrenic silly to me.

.. and i should know.

I would agree that's the wrong approach for Aemon but for me at least it fits Old Nan.

Peter Vaughan as Aemon is quite good. Saw more of that scene in the critic's trailer (and had the pleasure of watching one filmed), and his delivery fits -- the Night's Watch is desperate, and Mormont and Aemon are both sounding even more desperate for support than in the same scene in the book.

They give Aemon some of Mormont's dialog from the book, actually.

And, again, just ignore that people were on the Iron Throne. It hasn't got a thing to do with the plot. It's just a cool image to link together disparate characters in an ad aimed at people who are unfamiliar with the book. In particular, it is not a hint about R+L=J. :)

I dont know, I actually always saw Nan as a rather normal person, maybe going into such vocal escapades only when she was really telling stories to kids.

-hopefully these pieces we heard were taken directly from such a scene, where one tries to embellish the telling for kids.-

But master Aeomon ding the equivalent of "boooghhuuu... now i will tell you a ghoooost storryyyy" is really off base.

He doesnt go around moaning "bewareee,... Winter... doom..."

But master Aeomon ding the equivalent of "boooghhuuu... now i will tell you a ghoooost storryyyy" is really off base.

Because, clearly, this one line of dialogue in a 60 second teaser is completely and totally representative of his entire character in the 10+ hour show. *rolls eyes*

I dont know, I actually always saw Nan as a rather normal person, maybe going into such vocal escapades only when she was really telling stories to kids.

But doesn't that line come when she is telling a story to Bran?

And as Halfhand said, without context short clips can give us the wrong impression. A trailer is always likely to highlight the dangers apparent in the world. So I thought it worked very well. Its pretty clear Aemon doesn't always going around talking about doom. :)

I love the image of Cersei with the dagger, it was a perfect piece of dialogue chosen to represent the character. Two thumbs way up for that!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Mark Addy as Robert, he looks like a king. I'm very excited for the game to begin!

This reminds me of the True Blood Season 2 teaser, I think the song used was 'I put a spell on you'. HBO advertising is fantastic.

And, again, just ignore that people were on the Iron Throne. It hasn't got a thing to do with the plot. It's just a cool image to link together disparate characters in an ad aimed at people who are unfamiliar with the book. In particular, it is not a hint about R+L=J. :)

Yeah, Nip/Tuck did pretty much the same thing, showing everyone wearing the Carver's mask.

It sent chills down my spine. It's so AWESOME! Jaime and Cersei FTW!!!

Also when does Ned say "If you kill me, your brother's a dead man" in the books?

I believe it's when Jaime confronts him in the alley after his visit to the brothel. I could be wrong, though.

This teaser was amazing. I want to rewatch it over and over again.

I believe it's when Jaime confronts him in the alley after his visit to the brothel. I could be wrong, though.

This teaser was amazing. I want to rewatch it over and over again.

Thank the gods. I actually got scared that they would make it so that Ned owns Jaime in the alley, and then threatens Cersei :P

Good thing I was wrong.

Jaime's line at the end was fucking perfect.

:agree: NCW (Jamie) saying that line just killed me, in a good way. It was raw, angry, desperate, cocky, and sad- and that's just from his voice.

Perfect...

Really looking forward to this!

Archived