Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

Oddly, I was expecting more of an explosion of rage from fans that Bantam are changing the cover art again. So far the reaction seems to have mostly been, "Really? Cool, whatever."

I just think most people have stopped giving a shit and everyone else is just doing that polite vague interest, smile-and-nod thing.

Nice, thanks for posting. I have sofar always bought the Canadian trade paperbacks because they came out first, and I want them to match.

However the second trilogy has a different format, and is no longer deckled edge. I do like this new Canadian cover though, so I will probably stick with it. That'll be the Circumfix then.

That said, the US cover shown is a marked improvement over the one up on Amazon sofar.

Canadian cover art for Bakker's White-Luck Warrior. I took this image from the publisher's new catalogue:

http://booksellers.penguin.ca/static/cs/cn/4/catalogues/cdn_summer2011_cat.pdf

Here is the US cover, which is similar to the UK edition.

So we in the U.S. avoid the huge "A Class Act!" sprawled across the front??

If they're gonna sell this with blurbs, the one for the Canadian issue seems far superior...

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

What's wrong with the cover? That's the style that the series has used so far, and it looks pretty good.

Far better than cartoon wizards playing frisbee with dragons.

Cover art for some of Peter F Hamilton's novels. There's his new new, Manhattan in Reverse, due later this year, and also re-covers for his Greg Mandel books - Mindstar Rising, A Quantum Murder and The Nano Flower. They're all done by Steve Stone and I quite like them, although I'm hoping the sci-fi cityscape doesn't continue for all re-covers.

The Australian covers for Celine Kiernan's The Moorehawke Trilogy. My favourite set of covers since Abercrombie's The First Law.

To my mind those make better pictures than covers- not sure why, but they just don't speak to me as a cover making me want to buy the book, and I'm already interested in the book, despite being brilliant drawings.

That said, they're considerably more interesting than the UK version. And they could work considerably better in the paper.

Archived