Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

Not exactly "upcoming," since it's been available for two months now, but I thought I'd link to this post I made about this illustrated Serbian mythology book (the title translates something like "Expelled Demons," or perhaps "Banished" could work as well). Unfortunately, my knowledge of Serbian is still rudimentary at best, so the most I can do is admire Ivica Stevanović's illustrations.

• 2 weeks later...

New covers for all of China Mieville's novels

Now the covers are as stupid as the books themselves. I will never understand the love for this guy, pretentious bullshit draped in weird and then drowned in a random sewer by a woman that has big birds head.

Or, it makes little sense other than that its attempts to be weird for weirds sake fall flat for me. Also, he looks smarmy in his pictures and i want to punch him.

Now the covers are as stupid as the books themselves. I will never understand the love for this guy, pretentious bullshit draped in weird and then drowned in a random sewer by a woman that has big birds head.

Or, it makes little sense other than that its attempts to be weird for weirds sake fall flat for me. Also, he looks smarmy in his pictures and i want to punch him.

I can't believe it, but for once you are right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived