Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

1) Honor's Paradox by P.C. Hodgell.

2) Babylon Steel by Gaie Sebold.

1) Anybody know how many books the series is projected to be (I think Hodgell has even GRRM beat in waiting periods between books, but now she seems to be picking up the pace...)? Also, I think it's interesting to note how some people don't shy away from the classic fantasy look on the cover (although, the author does complain on her blog that the lion thingie it is not at all how she envisioned it...)

2) That looks :ack:.

Madness, I agree, they were done by David Rankine and are gorgeous. Such a shame it wasn't followed up on in Aspect Emperor.

It's also a shame that the Canadian editions aren't deckled edged anymore.

Miserere by Teresa Frohock.

That...looks much better than the book's synopsis reads:

"Exiled exorcist Lucian Negru deserted his lover in Hell in exchange for saving his sister Catarina's soul, but Catarina doesn't want salvation. She wants Lucian to help her fulfill her dark covenant with the Fallen Angels by using his power to open the Hell Gates. Catarina intends to lead the Fallen's hordes out of Hell and into the parallel dimension of Woerld, Heaven's frontline of defense between Earth and Hell. When Lucian refuses to help his sister, she imprisons and cripples him, but Lucian learns that Rachael, the lover he betrayed and abandoned in Hell, is dying from a demonic possession. Determined to rescue Rachael from the demon he unleashed on her soul, Lucian flees his sister, but Catarina's wrath isn't so easy to escape!"

Madness, I agree, they were done by David Rankine and are gorgeous. Such a shame it wasn't followed up on in Aspect Emperor.

It's also a shame that the Canadian editions aren't deckled edged anymore.

I'm generally a huge book-as-artifact kinda gut, but deckle edge does nothing for me. It just annoys me when I turn the pages.

Archived