Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

Orbit claims that this is the concluding volume in the series.

http://www.exactedit...1271/8622/3/260

Yup, just like they said Book 4 was the last one at the time as well ;)

That's also a horrendous cover blurb. The war is lost but then they know that the war is all but lost? Huh?

David Weber is one of the most productive authors I know, which is fortunately since I really love his military science fiction. There is a new YA series A Beautiful Friendship (Cover Art & Blurb) based on the short story by the same name coming in October. It centers on Stephanie Harrington, Honor’s ancestor that was the first human to be adopted by a treecat, the telepathic felines of Honor’s home planet.

I preferred the original omnibus cover, to be honest. This makes it look a bit like The Left Hand of God . :ack:

In fairness, it makes it look like many, many things on the shelves right now. Farlander, paperback Bonehunters, Shadow's Son... the mysterious hooded figure holding a knife or two is fast becoming my least favourite cover.

It's been two years since I read The Braided Path, but I don't even recall there being any 'mysterious hooded figures' in the book in the first place. And this new cover completely misses out the Asian influence that makes it interesting and stand out from the crowd in the first place.

It's just one of them things. Though I agree on the lack of Asian influence, I'm slightly regretting now not getting those covers when I could.

There's a similar story with our covers for the Long Price quartet. At least the scowling warrior (that other staple) has armour that looks vaguely Eastern in style, but it still conveys almost nothing of what you should actually expect from the books.

The UK fantasy covers departments seem to have collectively lost most of their imagination. :(

On the other hand, the Guy Gavriel Kay recovers are rather good. I particularly like the Tigana one (though it looks better in the paper). I see Last Light was posted earlier in the thread, but I don't see the others and don't really fancy checking all the way back in the old ones to see if they're there, so:

Tigana

Sailing to Sarantium

Lord of Emperors

A Song for Arbonne

Archived