Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

Goliath by Scott Westerfeld.

Ugh. Just as crappy as the cover for Behemoth. Why on earth did they change style from the first one?

These are not final covers:

Theft of Swords,

Rise of Empire and

Heir of Novron by Michael J. Sullivan.

I sure hope those aren't the final covers. I much prefer the original artwork for the individual books, which were done by the author himself.

I hate covers with real faces. It doesn't leave much to one's imagination. It decides for you.

i agree 100%. but then whenever i see authors talking about cover art, they all mention how all the research publishers have done conclude that readers want people prominent on covers. i just don't get that. like you say, it immediately forces an image into your mind of what the character looks like, and then despite the best efforts of the author i can no longer picture the main hero as anything other than what i saw on the cover.

i like landscapes or buildings on my covers, or just random pictures that tie into the story somehow, and wonder at the sanity of the focus groups publishers are using to get their research data...

i agree 100%. but then whenever i see authors talking about cover art, they all mention how all the research publishers have done conclude that readers want people prominent on covers.

In that case I would prefer painted images vs. a pictures of a famous movie stars.

Archived