Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

I think he's retiring after this.

Not the last I heard. Apparently he's got an SF novel he wants to write next, followed by another Faery Tale-style horror thing, and then maybe some more books in the Midkemian universe which won't be part of the core storyline (I believe he's still under contract for two more Krondor books as well).

Not the last I heard. Apparently he's got an SF novel he wants to write next, followed by another Faery Tale-style horror thing, and then maybe some more books in the Midkemian universe which won't be part of the core storyline (I believe he's still under contract for two more Krondor books as well).

It might have been resolved at some point, but last I heard (a few years ago) the remaining Krondor books were caught up in some legal shenanigans related to the ownership of the rights of the computer games the books were based on. I can't imagine anyone is particularly motivated to resolve the rights issues, since probably no-one really wants more Krondor books.

Upcoming US cover art from the new Penguin Group catalogs:

The Order of the Scales by Stephen Deas.

Intruder by C.J. Cherryh.

Skirmish by Michelle West.

Banner of the Damned by Sherwood Smith.

The Daemon Prism by Carol Berg.

The Bride Wore Black Leather by Simon R. Green.

There is something seriously wrong with everyone of those covers.

Oh god, Faery Tale broke me as a teen. I still have nightmares about that thing.

The Middle Kingdom, Book 3 of Chung Kuo.

And yes, this is going to get confusing. The Middle Kingdom was the original Book 1 of the series when it came out in 1988. Following on from the two prequel novels (Son of Heaven and Daylight on Iron Mountain, due in November 2011), Corvus are moving into the period where they are re-releasing the old books, but apparently 'thoroughly revised'. And also broken in two or three volumes; the 'old' Middle Kingdom is now Books 3 and 4 of the new reissuing, complete with new material.

maybe it's just me, but that hardly captures the feel of that book.

Not just you, I think it's pretty much crap. Especially after the cover on GotM. Disappointing because deadhouse is one of my favorites in the series.

Totally expected considered the kind of artist involved. Looks utterly generic.

Also, this one character focus is totally inappropriate for Malazan. And if anything the cover of DG should be about the Chain of Dogs. Felisin is not a lesser part, but she exists only in relation to Baudin and Heboric.

Archived