Upcoming Cover Art III

Cantabile

I love Glen Cook's covers.

Yeah, all of his new releases have kicked ass. I bought A Cruel Wind, The Dragon Never Sleeps, and Passage at Arms because i loved the covers. Probably only done that a handful of times.

New cover art for the Subpress limited edition of Steven Erikson's Deadhouse Gates. Much better than the one released last month.

Check it out here.

It's better, that's for sure. But I dunno, still not a patch on the first one. A picture of Coltaine or some kind of picture getting across the scope of the Chain of Dogs would be great, but this still isn't capturing the essence of the book for me. It might just be that the artist is a bit bland after Karmarck.

The Komarck edition can never be surpassed visually, I think.

It's more a question for Subpress to try to follow up with something in the same vein...

I'm being offered 500$ for my limited edition of GotM on malazanempire.com, and so far it's not enough to make me want to part with it... ;)

Patrick

Final version of Arctic Rising by Tobias Buckell (Tor February 2012)

Is it just me or does it look kind of boring?

I've a feeling Tor is going for more of a SF-nal mainstream thriller for this book to draw in readers who normally wouldn't venture to the SF section.

I've a feeling Tor is going for more of a SF-nal mainstream thriller for this book to draw in readers who normally wouldn't venture to the SF section.

I expect they're aiming to not have this one in the SF section.

Archived