"Watch forum" bug?

Yarl Snow

Hi,

I read an interesting topic, but did not yet have anything to say, so I clicked the "Watch topic" button. This launched me into some kind of options thing, where I picked the topmost one, and then did nothing else. I could not see this topic in any list in my private menu (to the top right). So I just posted something there, thinking it would show up in "My content" from that menu, like all the other posts I've made. Well, it did not. I clicked "Unwatch this topic", but that did nothing.

It seems that for some reason or other, watching a topic excludes it from any future searches in the "My content" menu.

Yarl

PS. Thanks for a lovely forum where I look forward to spending tons of time. ;)

Which topic would this be? And I'm not strictly sure 'My Content' updates immediately, or if updates only periodically, so make sure to check that again a little later to see if it has updated at all.

Which topic would this be? And I'm not strictly sure 'My Content' updates immediately, or if updates only periodically, so make sure to check that again a little later to see if it has updated at all.

It's the thread in Ice and fire novels -> ASoIaF that is called Dragons at Winterfell, or some such name. About when Summer sees a dragon at Winterfell.

The other topics updates, this one does not.

So, no news? The thread is still not updating, and is not covered in the search at all. The topic is "Dragon sighting at Winterfell".

• 2 weeks later...

The thread "Favourite family member" is also not in my "My content" list...

The two threads are old, 2009.. perhaps that's it? You changed format around that time, so those threads are not searched. Cut-off in time? Quick and dirty hack in the search feature?

Hrm, that could well be it. I'm finding it hard to reproduce the problem, so... I'm guessing it's a date issue. And apologies for missing your previous query!

I'll try and look at the bug tracker for IPB, see if that reveals anything.

Hrm, that could well be it. I'm finding it hard to reproduce the problem, so... I'm guessing it's a date issue. And apologies for missing your previous query!

I'll try and look at the bug tracker for IPB, see if that reveals anything.

Hmm, well, you can do the search for my content through my page, right? Unless there's something wrong from my end, it should give you the same result as it does for me.

By reproduce, I mean doing so on a different account entirely. :)

Thanks for the report, SFDanny. We're currently working on the page, so there are bugs.

Mmm, I love bug searching. The search feature isn't written in perl by any chance? =)

Although I suppose it does not search all the threads with all the thousands of posts.. It must tag either my account or the thread itself when I make a post in a thread, to make a shorter list. So the tagging feature might be off. Or large threads may have a cap on how many participants it can have.. but then the bug would be reproduceable.

Archived