Any Info For Casting On The Second Season

Maxxy

There's no casting going on at the moment, so far as we know, as the show hasn't got a second season greenlight and likely won't be getting one until after the premiere. There may be some early talks to try and narrow down some key roles at this juncture, but these would be high level and basically complete mysteries to us unless Deadline Hollywood or some site of that ilk sniffs it out.

I can't wait to see Oberyn, and I can only support some of the suggestions made about him (Alexander Siddig), but isn't Season 2 a bit early? Unless they want to start building his character early on.

EDIT: forgot to add: Blackfish? Your ideas about the Blackfish?

Honestly? I'm not worried about a 2nd season, I'm worried about a 3rd and a 4th. Carnivale and Rome were both given 2 seasons w/o much trouble.

I fear that they'll cut things looks right before we get to see Jaime really shine.

I will continue to keep my fingers crossed.

I'm really, really exited to see who's going to be cast as Melisandre. I can't wait to see what direction they go in with her. Are they going to go with the red hair and red eyes books that martin noted in the books? I also wonder how old she'll be; will they age her up a decade or so like they did with Cersei, Robert, Ned, and Catelyn? I also want to see Stannis and Margery Tyrell.

Speaking of Oberyn Martell, it's fun thinking about who'll they'll cast as arianne Martell... but obviously we won't know that for a long, long time, and the series might not last long enough to get to book 4.

I can't wait to see Oberyn, and I can only support some of the suggestions made about him (Alexander Siddig), but isn't Season 2 a bit early? Unless they want to start building his character early on.

EDIT: forgot to add: Blackfish? Your ideas about the Blackfish?

I did not know who Alexander Siddig was. I looked him up on Google. I recognize him from the picture. He is a good actor.

I would love for them to get someone,I am sure they cannot afford, Benicio Del Toro. I know I am dreaming there, and it ain't happening.

As far as the Blackfish goes. I like a lot of the suggestions that others have presented. I would love to see Sam Elliot play him, he is not British, and a lot of the cast is coming from that area? Jeremy Irons, and Gabriel Byrns would be good too.

I'm really, really exited to see who's going to be cast as Melisandre. I can't wait to see what direction they go in with her. Are they going to go with the red hair and red eyes books that martin noted in the books? I also wonder how old she'll be; will they age her up a decade or so like they did with Cersei, Robert, Ned, and Catelyn? I also want to see Stannis and Margery Tyrell.

Speaking of Oberyn Martell, it's fun thinking about who'll they'll cast as arianne Martell... but obviously we won't know that for a long, long time, and the series might not last long enough to get to book 4.

There has been some great suggestions out there for Melisandre. I wonder if someone like Tricia Helfer could pull that off? Another of my favorite characters from the book is Brienne.

I think it would be a great role for a actress.As long as they do not make her pretty, and change the whole concept of who she is.

I always think of that great actress they got to play Calamity Jane in Deadwood. She may be too old to play her, not really sure? What are some of your thoughts?

In the series premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" had very good results and then gave the green light for a second season. I hope the series "A Game of Thrones"has the same fate, Although I think this time will take longer to give the green light for the second season.

I have the feeling that "Boardwalk Empire" is much more pampered and feted.

Personally, I'd like to see John Malkovitch as Roose Bolton. That would be the best casting ever.

peace.

Yeah, that's who I picture too. He does "creepy as hell" very well.

I do wonder if it might actually be possible since Roose is really SUCH a minor role in terms of screentime (he's only in like 2 scenes - he just gets talked about a lot). Casting a major actor as a guest star will help people remember who the heck this guy we see twice is. If it's just some no name people will forget immediately.

Casting a major actor as a guest star will help people remember who the heck this guy we see twice is. If it's just some no name people will forget immediately.

He does have really creepy scenes with Arya in aCoK and Jaime in aSoS. I think he will be remembered just for those scenes but it doesn't strike me as a guest star type of role. For those roles you want somebody to appear in 2 to 4 consecutive episodes and then they are finished. Oberyn been the most obvious one. Roose will probably appear again in a later book, just to complicate things further.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I'd like to see John Malkovitch as Roose Bolton. That would be the best casting ever.

peace.

OH hell yeah. That could only be topped by Christopher Walken if he were a bit younger.......

How tall is Oberyn Martell supposed to be in the books? I guessed around 5'9 or so.

Archived