The Scenes from your Dreams.

And i mean really really anticipating.

For me there is really only one; Jaime's rampage. Its probably the only time we will see the Kingslayer at his peak, doing what he does best, and if it is done right we will be able to really feel just how much Jaime has lost with that hand.

But then I look at the battle scenes from Rome and I can't help but be afraid. GoT has a smaller budget, how are they going to capture the whispering woods in all its glory ? How will they be able to capture Jaime massacring his way through Robb's bodyguard. Will they even try ?

the one where I am a Lannister, but a new one, then me and Jamie and Tyrion fight a polar bear and cersei speaks in tongues. and it turns out that cersei is also my teacher but a boy, thats what most of my dreams are like.

seriously, the jaime and cat at riverrun.

I am also worried about the battle scenes and I'm really starting to wonder if they'll just try to keep most of it off screen. Hopefully season one is a success and they get larger budgets for seasons 2, 3, 4 etc...

Really looking forward to Jaime whooping some ass before his fall.

AGoT: "Oh, gods," he moaned, as his undertunic began to redden. "Take it out." When she took it out, he died.

ACoK: "I liked you better when you were Esgred." "I liked you better when you were nine."

ASoS: has a 3-way tie between: "Mother! Mother! Mother!" ... "Is there gold in the village?" (STABSTABSTAB) ... "Wherever whores go." ...

AFfC: "Sapphires," she whispered at him, as she gave her blade a hard twist that made him shudder.

I think the Jaime rampage in aGoT should work on camera. Even with budget restrictions. Its a wood at night. They only have to focus on Robb's bodyguard and Jaime. They don't need to show the wider battle.

I'll always love the King of the North scene, even if its mainly bittersweet now.

Toooo many scenes I'm anticipating.

But from Book 1, I'd have to say Arya fighting through a crowd only to witness her father's beheading. I think this final scene will hook the casual viewers who haven't read the book, especially if it's done as well as the book described it, and give you that false sense of hope that the Lannisters would let Ned go to the Night Watch.

In GOT or the subsequent books?

For sake of ease, I'll stick with GOT.

"The King in the North!" That scene gives me a chill every time I read it. A great way to end the first season, I think.

Syrio Forel's stand against the Trant and the Lannister guardsmen.

"I did tell you not to trust me.." Slimy little fucker, that scene created the bizarre love-hate sensation whenever I hear the name Littlefinger.

I am also worried about the battle scenes and I'm really starting to wonder if they'll just try to keep most of it off screen. Hopefully season one is a success and they get larger budgets for seasons 2, 3, 4 etc

I am not too concerned about this. I think the reason Rome's battle scenes were so shitty was that they blew their load on set and costume. Such a problem could easily be solved by showing the battles as they are shown in the books. The Battle of the Green Forks is seen through Tyrion's eyes, so they just show him fighting, not panoramic views of the whole fight. You'd need maybe twenty or thirty extras in a forest.

The Whispering Woods, however, I'd like to see more than just Cat standing on a hill listening to the battle. Show Robb and his guards fighting a bit, then the Kingslayer laying waste to everyone as he makes his way to Robb.

The battles tend to be pretty low-key in the books, insomuch as they are seen through one man's eyes, usually in a very unimportant position. Well, the Battle of the Blackwater will be tough. But thats a river they have a year or more to figure out how to cross.

The Arya/Ned/Sansa/Robert/Cersei/Joffrey scene, when Lady's condemned to death. I want to see Arya stand up to Joffrey and then kick Sansa's arse when she chickens out.

And I really want to see Renly laugh his arse off over Lion's Tooth. I chuckle each time.

Archived