World of Warcraft

Greywolf2375

Did my first Ulduar run last night. We did normal until the Assembly of Iron. Then we one shot AOI, Hodir, Thorim, and Freya on hard mode. Kept wiping on Mimiron on hard mode because we couldn't get the three bosses down at the same time and couldn't contain all that fire on Phase 4. We will continue from Mimiron and eventually go for Yogg 0 and Algalon.

What??

Are you in a guild that hasn't upgraded to cata yet or what? :P

6k rep left until I'm exalted with the guild now.

I'll just be glad when I'm done so I can stop doing so many bloody dailies, never mind the various rewards.

It'll be nice to get back to the point where I don't need to do anything other than raid. I've got all professions maxed out, I'm exalted with everything but Earthen Ring (which can wait), and I've finished all the Cata quests.

Soon I'll be back to just raiding and farming mats for raids. Nice.

I'm jealous, between my 2 raiding toons, my 80 priest and my warrior that I'm falling in love with, it'll be a long time before rep grinding is done.

Side Note:

Maximillian of Northsire in Ungoro is well worth finding. Awesome quest line filled with Don Quixote reference.

No more progress tonight, had almost no time on Omnitron. Doesn't seem very hard, people are just fucking up. Neat fight, looking forward to more attempts.

ODS changes drastically depending on the order you get. It's simple once you know the mechanics but every now and then you get some super crappy RNG and there goes the raid.

Did Conclave today, one of our tanks left without saying anything after a couple wipes and so it's left unfinished until next week :-(

Our wipes were caused by either people DPSing the shields, or by people not kiting their slimes properly. :P Not really RNG issues. We'll get there, god knows I've fucked up raid gimmicks before. You would not believe how long it took me to be able to dodge Icehowl consistently, of all things.

I find the toughest thing about Omnitron is people remembering the mechanics of the bot that isn't the current target. We also had some problems with like, the Acquiring Target from Magmatron blasting all the ranged/healers at once, but that was only for the first couple of weeks.

Only had our first night of the week last night because my power was out on Wednesday and apparently they couldn't get a raid going without me. Sucks to lose a night, but we killed all four bosses we've done before, three of which were one-shots, then spent a little time on Chimaeron (healers were crying) and also Valiona/Theralion, the latter of which seems do-able in the near future.

It's slow progress for us, but we're all really enjoying the Cata raiding experience. It's nice to have the game actually be challenging again, and not just because the tank can get splatted in a single GCD.

This is regular or heroic? Regular V&T isn't too bad, it just requires that your raid execute correctly for extended periods. A skilled team can compensate for the occasional fuckup on that fight. It took us a while to get our first kill but we're going back there tonight and I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm just talking about normal difficulty here. For V&T, we had like two attempts squeezed at the end of the night last week, and did the same last night. We did much better in our two attempts this week because people had grasped the concept of stacking up and waiting for the cleanse, then quickly breaking apart. We made it pretty smoothly through a Valiona ground phase, but were steadily losing people to meteorites during the Theralion ground phase. I think we were starting to get the hang of it, though. And as long as we don't have people dying to the Deep Breath, we should be able to just rinse and repeat. Well, I hope, anyway!

Just thinking about some of this stuff on heroic makes me want to weep. Good grief.

Yeah I don't know if I'll ever do hardmodes. I don't really enjoy them, not much point.

WRT the meteorites, it's basically about picking a direction to circle in advance, and making sure everyone sticks with it. We have less trouble with moving out of fire as a group, and more trouble with people not moving out of the group for Engulfing Whatsit.

We have a nasty drake combination on Halfus this week (Storm, Nether, Slate) and we are wiping on it over and over again. Except, it's only been a few times because we have 20 minutes of bullshitting between each pull, and each time we do it we have about six seconds before one of our tanks is dead. Very frustrating.

EDIT: And of course we get it on the next try with no issues :lol:

We had that combo last night. You need to break Storm and Nether immediately in that situation, and probably tank swap before the two drakes are dead. That's actually a pretty friendly comp, I feel, because raid damage is nonexistent until he hits 50%. With Emerald and Time inactive, the behemoth does next to nothing.

Actually had our best night so far - Magmaw, Omno, Maloriak then switched to BoT and would have had Halfus except our folks in the Chi town area lost power.

Just saw this posted on MMO - the Halfus drake spawn is on a cycle:

Halfus weekly drake rotation

P3 itself, I’m actually not too worried about. The guild MT and I (I’m having to tank at the moment, as our other tank quit due to illness) bought the Tol Barad resistance trinket, so we both have decent cooldowns available for every Electrocute, and we’re clear on how the adds need to be dealt with. Best laid plans and all that, though!
Dunno if this is entirely true in 10 man, but our guild found that doing another electrocute in P2 was too much damage to deal with, especially since you're spread out around the three columns.

And the issue in P3 isn't tank damage. It's raid damage. The electrocutes hurt hard. Now if everyone bought that trinket it's win, but the tanks are the least of the concerns.

Two of my guilds have Nef 10man down as of last night. :) I am not in either of those raid teams -- nor should I be, I've taken the scenic route with respect to gearing up -- but I'm proud of my guilds. :)

Hey tanks. Which of these should I wear and why:

Sand Dune Belt (non heroic): http://www.wowhead.com/item=55867

Belt of the Ferocious Wolf: http://www.wowhead.com/item=62384

The second one is much higher ilvl, has more str, stam and mastery; the first one is, you know, not a DPS belt and has like 200 more dodge.

Thanks!

Archived