Making Game of Thrones: Arya’s Needlework

Westeros

Oh, this is an excellent entry in the fantastic series of Artisan’s videos from Making Game of Thrones, as we get a great introduction to Maisie Williams, the young actress playing Arya and learn something of what it was like for her to learn how to fight with a sword for the role. Also, a few glimpses of Syrio, and what certainly looks like some rehearsal of a major scene for both characters…

The Artisans: Maisie Williams

Visit the Site!

Spot on!!!!!

Go get them Maisie :)

I think i´m not alone in saying we trust totally on Maisie to perform Arya. She looks above perfection for this part. We are only left to see how dark and emotional she can get. If she turns good at that also, we will have something really big here.

Wish her everything good and may this be the start for a brilliant career

I wish someone could upload this to youtube or something, I can't watch it because I live in Canada and not in the USA.

*sadface*

edit: if you go see the video directly on their site on the (hbo usa) even if your in canada it will work :)

Ask and ye shall receive.

In what scene would she be wearing a helmet?

That's a Winterfell helmet, either Masie was just goofing around on set, or maybe there's a scene where Arya is goofing around with some of the guards there.

Wonderful. She's one of the finds of the series I think. I hope she'll become a screen favourite of the series. It would be neat if Arya helped to carry the popularity of the series. Going in most non-readers won't even consider Arya as a significant character, and then Boom! She hits them with her awesomeness and needlework :fencing:

She's so adorable! It's going to be a bit rough watching her in the beginning of the series knowing the awful things in store for her, but I really feel like the actress is going to do a superb job. I didn't cry when I read the books, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of Arya's scenes have me sobbing while watching the show.

Archived