Aussie BwB Meet!

stormborne

Uh, isn't the TV series out here in July?

july yeaaa---haaa! so for the second meet when rage god reed can make it...although thats still long after july :( i think we'll need that long to find a place :worried:

in the meanwhile we will have to content ourselves with the usual shenanigans

unless anyone is interested in seeing mary poppins :smoking: we could likely get a discount for group booking

and brook, you should totally get a coin!

how is everyone with the weekend of 14th may? just thinking last weekend of april might be very busy what with the double easter + anzac public holiday round...also swan con is last week of april, so for anyone who is going to that, it means they can tag along if they like :) What to do - teppanyaki ?? could be funny(brook, i know you dont eat chinese, but do you eat japanese?)

also thinking of the weekend of September 10th for our Game of Thrones Launch Party....just putting it out there for any interstaters/overseasers and also because it's something we would have to book in advance...we could possibly do it earlier as some of the places i have been looking into (if we decide for sydney venue), allow under 18's in there too. So far there is the Roxbury - Roxbury room, which would do room hire for $200 (which wouldn't cost much if we had 20 people min)...regular seating is there, but it might be worthwhile to hire a stack of bean bags..the only issue there is that because they are residential they shut at midnight. which wouldnt be a problem if we kicked off early. melt could be a possibility...The Intercontinental also has a large range of rooms with projectors...still lots of research needed...but expressions of interest is good :)

Japanese is fine (for that matter so is Chinese if its what everyone else wants, I'm not that picky that I can't find something to eat on most menus) :)

14th of May works for me, and so does the 10th of September.

Wow, well done Stormie for pulling this together! At the moment I'm free from mid-April onwards, so any time is fine with me. I'm happy to go interstate too, or invading NZ would also be a good plan.

I'm happy to pitch in for the cost of room hire. Getting a hotel suite would be awesome, but we definitely wouldn't find one for cheaper than the $200 roxy room.

I'd be happy to offer my place, but like brook I don't have much room or seating for a large gathering and my old 50cm rear projection tv would definitely be sub-standard!! Going to Ski's at Newcastle would be good, of course then it would be compulsory for ALL Novocastrian boarders to attend ;)

so it looks like sat 14th may is in! Let us know if you (and any plus ones) can make it. And is teppanyaki followed by drinking and karaoke ok? as soon as we have a better idea on number i can lock a table / karaoke room and let you know better re-costs

would a few people be able to pm me the usernames of any aussies they know...that way i can harrass them about the meet + the HBO AGoT party so we can get lots of people coming :D i have a week off before i start a new job (!) in a few weeks, and could use a day to go and physically visit some places with tv's in sydney if people are willing to come down...but will need to know soon....

and if you are an aussie newb and reading this - dont be shy - everyones welcome! we are not scary people :) well....most of us

Archived