Aussie BwB Meet!

stormborne

14th sounds sweet.

Brady, Daemerion, Pax, Jewbear, Neal, Thatguy, winged shadow, che, ser cam, jeor, horza, brook .... who else am I missing? Also hit ithanos up or any other kiwis i am unawares of?

Pics or it didn't happen.

Shoot, 14th of May on call, but I can swap it so no probs!

Stormborne, would love to help you check out some venues though the only time I'm available in next few weeks is Fri 18 - Sun 20 March so let me know if that suits. Otherwise I'll just be with you in spirit :)

Shoot, 14th of May on call, but I can swap it so no probs!

Stormborne, would love to help you check out some venues though the only time I'm available in next few weeks is Fri 18 - Sun 20 March so let me know if that suits. Otherwise I'll just be with you in spirit :)

that would be awesome thankyou morningsword :wub: the more eyes the better! now to come up with a nice list of places for us to visit B)

hellosies all!

a few things:

i went to The Shakespeare Hotel last week - really great pub (upstairs that is, downstairs is another story) and really suggest it to kick off the night and have a meal - it packs out pretty bad, but i could see if they would hold one of the rooms for us (theyre basically really big old wood dining tables, with tapestries and old paintings etc around the room...very cool...almost like we'd be in our own little hall in some keep :wideeyed: ) ...in terms of meals,they have 20 mains under $13 bucks, all very generous serving and tasty fair. something you'd expect from a british pub. we managed to score two schooners of coopers for about $7.50 at happy hour...not too sure what the price was afterwards but they did jugs of Bulmers cider for $15 which is what we cleared...its nice and close to central station (bout 5 min walk from the devonshire exit), closes at midnight, after which we would probably have to head back into the city (most local stuff has to close at midnight due to semi residential) but could do the karaoke etc

re-organising a big viewing AGoT party in a hotel or hire room...queried it with stubs and after some research done by stubs and laoise (thanks guys!) unfortunately the conclusion was that it would be illegal... :thumbsdown: not that that will stop us from having a get togther again later in the year :)

hellosies all!

a few things:

i went to The Shakespeare Hotel last week - really great pub (upstairs that is, downstairs is another story) and really suggest it to kick off the night and have a meal - it packs out pretty bad, but i could see if they would hold one of the rooms for us (theyre basically really big old wood dining tables, with tapestries and old paintings etc around the room...very cool...almost like we'd be in our own little hall in some keep :wideeyed: ) ...in terms of meals,they have 20 mains under $13 bucks, all very generous serving and tasty fair. something you'd expect from a british pub. we managed to score two schooners of coopers for about $7.50 at happy hour...not too sure what the price was afterwards but they did jugs of Bulmers cider for $15 which is what we cleared...its nice and close to central station (bout 5 min walk from the devonshire exit), closes at midnight, after which we would probably have to head back into the city (most local stuff has to close at midnight due to semi residential) but could do the karaoke etc

re-organising a big viewing AGoT party in a hotel or hire room...queried it with stubs and after some research done by stubs and laoise (thanks guys!) unfortunately the conclusion was that it would be illegal... :thumbsdown: not that that will stop us from having a get togther again later in the year :)

Because we are pirates right?

Because we are pirates right?

as much as we think we have all the rights to agot as fans extraordinarre unfortunately hbo/sky/whoever have a little peice of paper saying they do...and unfortunately they have a little more cashingo than us to proove the point :fencing:

[but yes ski, i do firmly believe we are still pirates :smoking: ]

• 2 weeks later...

The Shakespeare sounds good Stormie, maybe you could try to book us one of those rooms?

I don't have Mack's number, I think he's on FB so someone could contact him there if a PM doesn't work. We kind of need a PR officer to round up the gang!

• 3 weeks later...

bumpity bump BUMP :commie:

with around a month to go - how are we standing for people coming?

shakespeare hotel from say 5 onwards (TBC) for chats and nom noms and drinkies - they dont have the space for a band etc so no worries about us being taken over by loud music

am looking at booking a karaoke room from about 1030-11 onwards (or do you want earlier?)...but trying to work out how large a room we would need....so that we can let people know the costing. if we hire a room larger than we need, it'll obviously cost more...so let me know if you are interested :D

Archived