Aussie BwB Meet!

stormborne

I’m definitely in for this meet now - arriving on the Friday afternoon and heading back to Perth on Tuesday morning. Good times ahead :cheers:.

shakespeare hotel from say 5 onwards (TBC) for chats and nom noms and drinkies

Shakespeare Hotel from 5 pm? I'll be drinking from around 2 pm for anyone who’s at a loose end…

@Neal: what time are you flying in on Friday? I was thinking dinner and beers again in Newtown on Friday night with whoever of the Sydneysiders is free.

@brook: you’re singing whether you like it or not. A bit of Paul Kelly maybe? Before too long…

Also, this thread needs an attendance list so that we can start working out who isn’t aware of the meet, who needs a bit of a reminder (read: kick up the backside) and so stormy knows how many to book for.

Confirmed:

stormborne

Ski the Swift

The Winged Shadow

Neal

Hopscotch Unicorn

morningsword

brook

Paxter

Likely (i.e. posted here but not yet confirmed)

Horza (and Inoshiro?)

Mas Ascribed Petr

Ser Lemon Cakes

Unsure but possible (i.e. haven’t posted here yet)

JewBear (and Dean?)

ThatGuy

Sh_wulff

Fungi

Jeor

Mackaxx

Daemrion

ThatGuy

ithanos (keeps changing his mind about coming so I’ve got him in ‘unsure’)

Also not sure about the Melbourne BwBers? Luce_Magoose? Jebus?

Shakespeare Hotel from 5 pm? I'll be drinking from around 2 pm for anyone who’s at a loose end…

@Neal: what time are you flying in on Friday? I was thinking dinner and beers again in Newtown on Friday night with whoever of the Sydneysiders is free.

I should be free, for both. ^_^

Also, this thread needs an attendance list so that we can start working out who isn’t aware of the meet, who needs a bit of a reminder (read: kick up the backside) and so stormy knows how many to book for.

Watch out folks, The Don is here :P

Prearts, there is a good chance I will be in the city around midday or not too much longer after then. So I'll definitely be keen for a early sesh of beerskies. I thought that ithanos had already purchased flights over, so I thought he was a definite.

I will also see if Nath is interested again (maybe you guys scared him off last time). :leaving:

I’m definitely in for this meet now - arriving on the Friday afternoon and heading back to Perth on Tuesday morning. Good times ahead :cheers:.

My flight gets in about 4pm friday so dinner and beers sounds good.

Naturally I'm also up for early drinks on saturday, should be good times :thumbsup:

I'm interested. I'm pretty sure I had a post about this before that disappeared.

Stornborne, do I remember you from 10 years ago, or was that StormChild. (never migrated)

I can attend the Sydney meeting, or possibly make it to Newcastle. I had a great time in the last BwB I went to in Melbourne, 2002.

Wow, that was 9 years ago?!

Just trying to remember who else was there...Alfred and Alan (can't remember his board name).

Where are you now, btw?

Well Luce is currently posing in front of 4-storey high Game of Thrones banners in Hollywood. She's probably too good for us now :P

harrroooo - spoke to the shakespeare today - unfortunately they dont reserve spaces. but the lady said they generally open upstairs at around 515, so so long as there are enough of us there early, we can nab one of the littler rooms for ourselves and revel on :fencing: will look at booking somewhere nextie week for karaoke, but two of the places was thinking are:

karaoke world - for its up to date selection of music and reasonable alcohol selection

echo point - cheapish and good selection

ding dong dangs - if we wanna go all class, and closer to shakespear.

would appreciate any thoughts on it ;)

id love to come to dinner on friday too...think i have lifeline thogug, will double check and see if i can shift swap

:grouphug: excited!

Sh_wulff

I'm in

including the karaoke

and Inoshiro?)

Mas Ascribed Petr

Ser Lemon Cakes

Unsure but possible (i.e. haven’t posted here yet)

JewBear (and Dean?)

ThatGuy

Sh_wulff

Fungi

Jeor

Mackaxx

Daemrion

ThatGuy

ithanos (keeps changing his mind about coming so I’ve got him in ‘unsure’)

i've pm'd all the above

but if anyone out there is reading this thread and we;re missing them (even if we are yet to meet you yet), shout out and come along!

is anyone bringing partners/friends/love buddies along with them?

re-fungi. unfortunately can't make it- has her sisters birthday somewhere in the country...i wish it were not so...havent seen her since our last meet up and dearly missing her and garth :(

karaoke world - for its up to date selection of music and reasonable alcohol selection

echo point - cheapish and good selection

ding dong dangs - if we wanna go all class, and closer to shakespear.

price break down based on 15 people for an hour

echo point - 74 p/h for a room = roughly $5 pp per hour

karaoke bar- circa 80 p/h depending on the room = roughly $5.5 pp per hour

have to call ding dong dangs...they're all still sleeping. but i believe for a room up to 20 people it's about 150 an hour - so 10 pp per hour...there rooms are flashy though - and themed like space odeyssy, under water, lots of mirror balls etc. total glam.

ksquare is another option and it'd be about 90 for a room per hour - so about 6 bucks per person.

Archived