BWB Norcal IV + I =5

Ok, you should definitely go on Sunday if you can. I'm not really one for comics or most of the fandom stuff they had there, although looking at people in costume is always fun. They had displays of the costumes for Ned, Dany, Robert, and a Maester. The Dany dress looked even better up close than it did in the previews-- the Targaryen brooch was really nicely done.

The Maester's chain looks pretty cool, but the costume, when not on someone, is kind of confusing. Maybe because it was a short hooded cloak with a chain on a mannequin and looked like it might be a jawa wearing bling? In any case, yeah, a little confusing.

The Iron Throne itself is cool. It's definitely a replica meant for promos like this, but it takes great photos. (They have it set up so that the photo immediately gets sent to an iPad where you can email it to yourself, post it on Twitter, etc.) Naturally I forgot my robe and wizard hat white cloak and sword, but I tried my hardest to get the pose down.

Met Nim and her cousin and we walked around checking out general geekery. Apparently I am a failure at being a geek, but, whatever. :P Good times.

Overheard in line:

"In the game of thrones, it says you win or die."

"What if there's a tie?"

The Iron Throne itself is cool. It's definitely a replica meant for promos like this, but it takes great photos. (They have it set up so that the photo immediately gets sent to an iPad where you can email it to yourself, post it on Twitter, etc.) Naturally I forgot my robe and wizard hat white cloak and sword, but I tried my hardest to get the pose down.

Brilliant!

I don't think the young folks running the HBO booth really understood (or cared) why I didn't sit on the Iron Throne.

'cause you'd rather be spiked in the arm leaning on it? :P

Just following up --

for 4/17 we have

Nim

Kat

The Maester, the Missus and the jailed infant

Mord, I mean Bronn

any other takers?

I'm thinking 3pm, open pool if the weather warrants it. The bar will be open. as will be the cellar door.

I'll BBQ ribs and Chicken. and probably make some mac and cheese. I like Mac and Cheese. and Ribs.

I'm still geeking over last night, but I sure wanted a better look at the "others" sword that shattered Waymar's sword. but I'm NOT complaining.

two weeks and counting down slowly.

Just following up --

for 4/17 we have

Nim

Kat

The Maester, the Missus and the jailed infant

Mord, I mean Bronn

any other takers?

I'm thinking 3pm, open pool if the weather warrants it. The bar will be open. as will be the cellar door.

I'll BBQ ribs and Chicken. and probably make some mac and cheese. I like Mac and Cheese. and Ribs.

I'm still geeking over last night, but I sure wanted a better look at the "others" sword that shattered Waymar's sword. but I'm NOT complaining.

two weeks and counting down slowly.

Freaking sweet. Thanks so much for opening your home to us :) I will bring a few goodies too - wine and an apple or banana cream pie perhaps...

Freaking sweet. Thanks so much for opening your home to us :) I will bring a few goodies too - wine and an apple or banana cream pie perhaps...

seriously, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING WINE. but I'd love help with dessert. I have 10-12 whites in the bar fridge and 100s of reds. alas, no Arbor Gold. but if she comes, well...:)

I'll pm closer to the date with our new address and phone.

seriously, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BRING WINE. but I'd love help with dessert. I have 10-12 whites in the bar fridge and 100s of reds. alas, no Arbor Gold. but if she comes, well...:)

I'll pm closer to the date with our new address and phone.

Haha ok ok. Well, instead I will bring two pies then - one of each. HotPie!

if any one else is coming 4/17, please let me know. I'm planning on shopping early in the week, I've got a brined Rib recipe I want to try and they need several days to soak.

and yes, by anyone I mean you AG.

Archived