BWB Norcal IV + I =5

with crap like that, I'm putting the 94 Duckhorn back in the cellar and spending $4 on 2 bottles of 2 buck Chuck.

Bronner, I'm not even around any more, but I know he's got you beat. Surrender, man. For your own good.

Ah, fuckit, I'll come to your party Lee. Sorry I've been so lame about this thread, I keep forgetting I exist. ;)

But let's do the east coast feed thing. I have jury duty on the 18th. WTF? Boo!

We'd love to join you guys... but the question is whether everyone is amenable to a very sweet, but occasionally fussy teething almost-toddler. We are gathering, obviously, to watch AGoT, so I understand completely if people would prefer to see us another time (we've got a pretty decent setup to watch the premiere at home too, so don't feel obligated to let us join).

At the same time, we'll be leaving the Bay Area in a few months (going back to school in either Ohio, Wisconsin, or Vermont, depending...), so we may not have too many more opportunities to see everyone.

I'm a maybe. I have another event that day (SF chocolate salon in Ft. Mason) and not sure how the timing lines up. Speaking of which...when will you start the viewing?

as it is an east coast feed, and it probably will start at 9 EDT, I'm guessing we'll start between 6:30 and 7, but that's just a guess. I love my DVR.

We'd love to join you guys... but the question is whether everyone is amenable to a very sweet, but occasionally fussy teething almost-toddler. We are gathering, obviously, to watch AGoT, so I understand completely if people would prefer to see us another time (we've got a pretty decent setup to watch the premiere at home too, so don't feel obligated to let us join).

At the same time, we'll be leaving the Bay Area in a few months (going back to school in either Ohio, Wisconsin, or Vermont, depending...), so we may not have too many more opportunities to see everyone.

I see no problem with bringing the little Maester. I"m both thrilled for and saddened to hear you will be leaving.

Edit: key point, we have a pool now. I don't know that it will be warm enough to swim (the water, not the weather), but keep that in mind for the young one. It's not fenced in.

I see no problem with bringing the little Maester. I"m both thrilled for and saddened to hear you will be leaving.

Edit: key point, we have a pool now. I don't know that it will be warm enough to swim (the water, not the weather), but keep that in mind for the young one. It's not fenced in.

Maester Y. should bring a playpen. Then we can prop up half of it at steeper angles as the evening wears on. I can pretend to be Mord. or maybe not....

Wondercon this weekend, anyone? I've never been, but Ran just reported that there's some sort of special GoT promo on behalf of HBO this year.

From the StudioBooth Twitter:

Come by the #gameofthrones booth starting mañana at #wondercon to seize the throne and take a shot in the booth!

I'm officially intrigued? One-day tickets on-site Friday/ Saturday are $25 for adults. Anyone? ($20 if you buy online.)

Okay, here's the details:

Yes, the Iron Throne is there, and it looks like people will be allowed to take photos sitting on it. There may even be a professional photographer whipping out nice photographs, given what Studio Booth does, but don't quote me on that.

Plus... costumes! A Ned costume, a Dany costume, one of Robert's, a maester's costume, a Stark banner and shield... maybe more. Pretty sure you will not be allowed to try these on, but still. ;)

Yes, the Iron Throne is there, and it looks like people will be allowed to take photos sitting on it. There may even be a professional photographer whipping out nice photographs, given what Studio Booth does, but don't quote me on that.

Plus... costumes! A Ned costume, a Dany costume, one of Robert's, a maester's costume, a Stark banner and shield... maybe more. Pretty sure you will not be allowed to try these on, but still. ;)

Holy crap! Count me in!

If anyone else wants to go, please post here. I'm thinking Saturday.

Definitely too cool to pass up - I'm in too :)

Nice! I've been wondering why there weren't any GoT events scheduled, but this is almost as good. Even better, if we get to sit in the Iron Throne. (Tip: wear something you won't mind getting torn.) I'll probably be there Saturday afternoon.

Yea, was really bummed about missing out on the food trucks, but at least we'll have this to check out!

I'll probably be there Sat afternoon too - probably around 2pm. Anyone interested in meeting up at the Iron Throne?

Yea, was really bummed about missing out on the food trucks, but at least we'll have this to check out!

I'll probably be there Sat afternoon too - probably around 2pm. Anyone interested in meeting up at the Iron Throne?

Sure- I'm going to buy my ticket now. How about 2:30pm at the Iron Throne? I'll PM you guys with more details. Since I can't actually get any of my other geek friends to come with me, I need someone to take a picture of me posed like so.

Archived