BWB Norcal IV + I =5

Ah, thanks for the link to the other article - has extinguished my rage :)

Hmm - I wouldn't mind sitting on the Iron Throne again, the first time was a fail. I tried to look arrogant, and ended up just looking sleepy. Kat - you got Jaime's pose down perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...

well, we have about 7 weeks if we want to start planning a finale bbq. its out there. react.

Sounds good to me! I will offer up the space I mentioned earlier in Sausalito - or if you and the Redwoman are hosting again - neither of you are doing any dishes/cleanup!

I don't mind cueing and it should be more than warm enough to swim. clearly we'll let you do the dishes and I'll probably put out paper. I like not having to drive after. I loved those pies. the salad was great. we can do very casual ... with good wine of course.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't mind cueing and it should be more than warm enough to swim. clearly we'll let you do the dishes and I'll probably put out paper. I like not having to drive after. I loved those pies. the salad was great. we can do very casual ... with good wine of course.

I think that would be wonderful. Perhaps we can even hire a troupe of dwarfs to clean the dishes!

DK

• 2 weeks later...

1 weeks is enough time to start the sign up list.

who's coming. who's bringing what? We'll judge the weather -- but it should be great to hang around the pool and splash is my best guess. We'll have a few other people. We've some friends that are now huge fans of the show.

let me know. But Nim is bringing Pie <G> damn those were good. I'm thinking I'll bbq chicken and burgers and sausages.

and pehaps Kat can kick AG in the ass <G> I hear she's still around. kinda. :tantrum:

2 weeks is enough time to start the sign up list.

who's coming. who's bringing what? We'll judge the weather -- but it should be great to hang around the pool and splash is my best guess. We'll have a few other people. We've some friends that are now huge fans of the show.

let me know. But Nim is bringing Pie <G> damn those were good. I'm thinking I'll bbq chicken and burgers and sausages.

and perhaps Kat can kick AG in the ass <G> I hear she's still around. kinda. :tantrum:

As an aside, it kind of seems rubbish that they are charging for tickets to GRRM's signing in July. Stupid Kepler's...

Wow. Not only charging, but charging a lot. A full retail book (nobody pays full retail for a current best seller, not even at a small bookstore) AND seven bucks. I'd be surprised if this works out for them. MAYBE if you can pick the book up at the store on the release date. But I don't see people being willing to pay full retail AND wait two weeks for the book. Certainly not me. I was on the fence for the long drive in the first place.

I will be very curious to see how well this does for them. I love the IDEA of small bookstores. But the reality of the economics of it leaves a lot to be desired. And WTF is Cargill doing sponsoring this????

Archived