BWB Norcal IV + I =5

Sweet! Count me in! Looking forward to seeing everybody again. Let me know what you need me to bring; I will not insult you by bringing wine. :)

And charging for tickets for the signing? That's bullshit.

I recently moved to the East Bay, so if it's not too late, I'd like to join. I can bring a cheese platter, which goes well with lots of things. Let me know if there's a cheese you'd like me to bring, or if there's something you'd like me to avoid (like the stinkier cheeses).

What time is everyone planning on arriving? I will be driving from San Francisco, so I'm happy to gve rides, or do BART runs. But I'll be flying in that morning from out of town, so won't be able to leave until mid afternoon...

How many hotpies should I bring?

What time is everyone planning on arriving? I will be driving from San Francisco, so I'm happy to gve rides, or do BART runs. But I'll be flying in that morning from out of town, so won't be able to leave until mid afternoon...

How many hotpies should I bring?

Nim, you want to carpool?

roll, call and details.

Let's call this for 4pm. The pool will be open, its nice right now. As you know, I'm gainfully unemployed and since you all volunteered to do the dishes, the Red Woman is thrilled.

So here's what I know:

Nim - Pies (yum)

Bronn - Salad

Eddard - needs a ride

AG - her smile and energy

Me - BBQ and a side and lots of wine and drinks (get your requests in now)

unknown

Kat

the Maester and his brood

The Redwoman wants to watch ep 9 again before the finale. you've been warned.

I've invited a buddy to join me. He said yes, but he's been known to cancel at the last minute.

No problems Bronn. if you want to reach out to Lodey, please do -- I'm sure he's forgotten who I am.

Nim, you want to carpool?

sounds good - can you meet me in the mission, or do you need to be picked up?

is anyone else interested in carpooling?

kat - where are you??

sounds good - can you meet me in the mission, or do you need to be picked up?

is anyone else interested in carpooling?

kat - where are you??

The mission works fine for me.

Kat is moving on Saturday IIRC, but hopes to join us.

I hope this isn't too gauche but I and a coworker of mine are putting together a midnight release party for Dance of Dragons on July 11th, 10pm-12pm. It's going to be at the Mountain View Books Inc. store (downtown Castro Street near the train station). It's free, there will be food, wine, and prizes. You don't have to buy a book to come either. If anyone has any ideas about what activities or any other party things (food, decorations, etc.) I would appreciate that as well.

I'm really excited about it, and I wanted to reach out to you all. Think of it as a party someone else is paying for and cleaning up.

For more information:

http://mountainview.patch.com/events/a-dance-with-dragons-song-of-ice-and-fire-5-by-george-r-r-martin-midnight-launch-party

We are trying to get the midnight books discounted, but no official word on that yet.

I hope this isn't too gauche but I and a coworker of mine are putting together a midnight release party for Dance of Dragons on July 11th, 10pm-12pm. It's going to be at the Mountain View Books Inc. store (downtown Castro Street near the train station). It's free, there will be food, wine, and prizes. You don't have to buy a book to come either. If anyone has any ideas about what activities or any other party things (food, decorations, etc.) I would appreciate that as well.

I'm really excited about it, and I wanted to reach out to you all. Think of it as a party someone else is paying for and cleaning up.

For more information:

http://mountainview.patch.com/events/a-dance-with-dragons-song-of-ice-and-fire-5-by-george-r-r-martin-midnight-launch-party

We are trying to get the midnight books discounted, but no official word on that yet.

Dammit, this is the first time I ever wished I still lived in Mountain View! :lol: Sounds awesome! I was considering asking my local Books Inc if they were able to do a midnight thing, but since I'm going to be out of town, I gave that idea up. Great bookstore.

I have completely forgotten to check this thread but I'm still in! I'm in the Mission but will take BART to casa de BL. Might join in the carpool on the way home, though, if that's ok. :)

BL, don't forget to add Mudguard to the list!

I'll definitely bring something, just got to think of something easy to carry with me.

I formally gave notice today at the office, and they wanted me to stay on through the end of the month... as a result, I now have less time to pack than I thought. So... we're unfortunately not going to be able to make it out for the finale. :frown5:

We'll miss you all, and will pack a few boxes that night in your honor. :cheers:

edit: UPDATE

it has been stated that the HUMUS you brought last time rocked. If you have time that would be great. otherwise, do as you see fit.

end edit

well...good question. how about a side? Making burgers and chicken, and beans. Bronn has Salad, Nim has Pie. Mudguard has cheese. I have crackers and chips salsa/guacamole fill in as you see fit. wine, as you know, is unnecessary

edit: UPDATE

it has been stated that the HUMUS you brought last time rocked. If you have time that would be great. otherwise, do as you see fit.

She who is red and must be obeyed chimes in. Answer is given.

My buddy can't make it. But I can't wait!

Archived