Norway vs Sweden

Lyanna Stark

No. Because the next thing would be a gang of them rowing up the Great Ouse and sacking my mother's outbuildings. I have my childhood Subbuteo collection in one of them.

One more stage of 'EU integration' and they won't need to.

my nephews are norwegian so i'm coming down on their side. some reasons.

the video for 'take on me'

aquavit

hot dogs with potato salad

much better at sports as has been mentioned up thread

raping and pillaging down the northeast of england gave me the ability to say gan hjem (sp?)and confuse southerners

my nephews are norwegian so i'm coming down on their side. some reasons.

the video for 'take on me'

aquavit

hot dogs with potato salad

much better at sports as has been mentioned up thread

raping and pillaging down the northeast of england gave me the ability to say gan hjem (sp?)and confuse southerners

Aquavit is brillant, a fantastic drink, unfortunately the Swedes also make it - you can buy little half litre bottles of it at IKEA (if your local IKEA hasn't burnt down) and then the Danes also distill Aquavit and so do the Germans. It's just us on the wrong side of the North Sea who are missing out.

Royksopp are Norwegian. +1 Norway.

Not sure if Scania is such an asset to Sweden (although I love it dearly) given the fact it's got a society which digs symbolic trenches to mark the boundary between Scania and Sweden in an attempt to emphasise feelings of independence!

Royksopp are Norwegian. +1 Norway.

Not sure if Scania is such an asset to Sweden (although I love it dearly) given the fact it's got a society which digs symbolic trenches to mark the boundary between Scania and Sweden in an attempt to emphasise feelings of independence!

Seriously? Thats a dedicated independence movement right there. Waving flags, writing letters to the editor, blowing up this or that...I can understand the sense of macho nationalist pride that instills. These guys head out for hours of hard, sisyphean, meaningless physical labour in Swedish Scanian weather. Theres some correlation between the inherent gloriousness of a national struggle and the depth of its patheticness. In that sense, these folks sound impressive.

Soooo...

Still smaller than California.

Huh.

Yes. But with fewer Californians in it.

(and more fish)

Seriously? Thats a dedicated independence movement right there. Waving flags, writing letters to the editor, blowing up this or that...I can understand the sense of macho nationalist pride that instills. These guys head out for hours of hard, sisyphean, meaningless physical labour in Swedish Scanian weather. Theres some correlation between the inherent gloriousness of a national struggle and the depth of its patheticness. In that sense, these folks sound impressive.

This definitely needs more research. I'll add the thesis that the smaller a region is, the more absurd its herculean feats of nation-building have to be.

But with half the population...

(Granted Swedes only count as less than a third of a person, but that's evident.)

If we're talking all of Scandinavia I'm thinking it's 2/3rds, not half. And California doesn't even have oil!

Though that Swedes count as less than 1/3 of a person could throw a wrench into the works.

If we're talking all of Scandinavia I'm thinking it's 2/3rds, not half. And California doesn't even have oil!

Though that Swedes count as less than 1/3 of a person could throw a wrench into the works.

Uh.. I know I'm humourless, but are you joking? Yes it does. (Not as much, maybe, but 207,460,084 bbl in 2009.) And when CA secedes, I'm totally slinking back to take my place among her peoples.

Not as many Swedes or Norwegians, but we do have some Danes....

Archived