A Thread for Small Questions VI

Lady Blackfish

Cersei had leverage over Shae. Tywin had stated that he was willing to hang Tyrion's next mistress, so Shae had to cooperate. Bronn, on the other hand, wasn't accused of doing anything wrong, and as Lady Tanda's good-son was sufficiently noble that Cersei couldn't just kill him with impunity.

More than that, Bronn is a knight. If Cersei pushes him too hard he will demand trial by combat. Exactly what she wants to avoid.

Whereas if Cersei has Shae killed, nobody will bat an eyelid.

There's also the fact that Bronn is genuinely fond of Tyrion, in his own way. He won't fight for him in a trial if there's no benefit, but he won't turn against him either, despite th fact that he'd probably be richly rewarded for doing so (and Bronn's testimony could have been very damning to Tyrion. He wouldn't even have to lie, only repeat things Tyrion had said to him out of context)

I think that the purpose of Shae's testimony was more to humiliate Tyrion than to frame him. A whore's testimony is fairly worthless against a noble, the testimony of Pycelle, Varys, and the various Kingsguard members is what really counted. Bronn wasn't as helpless as Shae, nor was his testimony able to humiliate him.

There's also the fact that Bronn is genuinely fond of Tyrion, in his own way. He won't fight for him in a trial if there's no benefit, but he won't turn against him either, despite th fact that he'd probably be richly rewarded for doing so (and Bronn's testimony could have been very damning to Tyrion. He wouldn't even have to lie, only repeat things Tyrion had said to him out of context)

Possibly, but I think it's far more likely that Bronn was simply never approached. I can't see any particularly damning testimony he could have given, for a start - at least not without condemning himself as a conspirator in the plot. Shae can claim to have been silent out of fear: Bronn can't. He adds little to the case against Tyrion anyway: he has very little standing or credibility with the court. (Neither does Shae, of course, but as others have pointed out that's not why she was called.) And Cersei clearly doesn't trust him anyway. So I think the issue simply didn't come up. If it had, I think Bronn might have sold Tyrion out for the right price.

Do we know who was Aegon V's wife? I looked through the Wiki, the message board, and some other sources and couldn't find anything.

(I have only read the Hedge Knight from the D&E stories thus far, so I may be spoiling this for myself.)

Do we know who was Aegon V's wife? I looked through the Wiki, the message board, and some other sources and couldn't find anything.

(I have only read the Hedge Knight from the D&E stories thus far, so I may be spoiling this for myself.)

Never stated, but he has two sisters. One of them, most likely.

Were the exact circumstances of Lyanna's death ever revealed? All I recall is a flashback from Eddard where he promises Lyanna something while she bleeds to death on a bed with some blue roses or something. So how did she die? During childbirth? Killed by Lannisters? Actually abused/killed by Targaryens (not Rhaegar I'm guessing, but mad Aerys maybe)?

Did the Maegi betray Dany and Drogo already when she made that poultice for the Khal's wound or only afterwards when he died? I always had the impression that when caring for the wound she was honest, but the Khal didn't like the itch. So it festered because he tore it off. But maybe the supposedly helpful poultice was already the cause of the festering...

Did the Maegi betray Dany and Drogo already when she made that poultice for the Khal's wound or only afterwards when he died? I always had the impression that when caring for the wound she was honest, but the Khal didn't like the itch. So it festered because he tore it off. But maybe the supposedly helpful poultice was already the cause of the festering...

Probably. She want to revenge her people and that was ideal opportunity to kill him. She don't cared about punishment.

When Khal would died, nobody would want to investigate his death. They would turn in battle for leader, like animals.

Would she be killed by his bloodriders, if they were honor, before they kill each other? Probably, but "look at your Khal and you will know what life is worth when all the others is gone"

Were the exact circumstances of Lyanna's death ever revealed?

We don't know.

Were the exact circumstances of Lyanna's death ever revealed? All I recall is a flashback from Eddard where he promises Lyanna something while she bleeds to death on a bed with some blue roses or something. So how did she die? During childbirth? Killed by Lannisters? Actually abused/killed by Targaryens (not Rhaegar I'm guessing, but mad Aerys maybe)?

We learn from Ned that Lyanna was in "her bed of blood", and it is confirmed at least once in an Aeron Greyjoy chapter that "bed of blood" - at least to him - means giving birth. So, it is somewhat implied that she died from childbirth, but we have no confirmation on this.

We learn from Ned that Lyanna was in "her bed of blood", and it is confirmed at least once in an Aeron Greyjoy chapter that "bed of blood" - at least to him - means giving birth. So, it is somewhat implied that she died from childbirth, but we have no confirmation on this.

MMD use that, too.

Probably. She want to revenge her people and that was ideal opportunity to kill him. She don't cared about punishment.

Also I think she wanted to ensure the 'Stallion who Mounts the World' never starts he reign of terror. Best to kill evil warlords in utero.

how in thousands of years of breeding with one another and with the succession laws of westros now great house took control of 2 kingdoms like in europe?

the king of the reach dies and the current lord aryn is a second cousin and heir and takes control...how has that not happend in 8,000 years? it happended in similar conditioned europe so many times

Archived