READ BEFORE POSTING: FAQ

Ran

When is it airing where I live?

In the U.S. and Canada, it premieres on April 1 on HBO, and will air every Sunday after that over its run. In the U.K. and Central Europe, it'll air on April 2 on Sky Atlantic or HBO Central Europe and will air every Monday after that over its run. Other countries have different times -- Nordic countries will not see it until May.

Is this a miniseries? How many episodes is it?

It is a full series of 10 episodes.

Why is it called Game of Thrones?

That's the series title. The first season does indeed cover the first book, but the concept for future seasons is that each season will equal one book, more or less.

Official Links:

Why can't I see the thread I started?

We want this forum to be as spoiler-free as possible for those who haven't read the books, and we've found that not everyone follows the rules of "no spoilers in the thread title." So to prevent that from happening, new threads will require moderator approval before they go live.

How should I treat spoilers in posts that go beyond the spoiler level?

Please do not spoil the fun for those new to ASOIAF by posting stuff from later in the series unless you use the spoiler code. Those who do not comply run the risk of having their comment edited or deleted by one of the mod team.

How to I create spoiler code?

[ spoiler ] Spoiler text here [ / spoiler ]

If you take out all of the extraneous spaces, you should end up with

Spoiler text here

If you wish to test the functionality of this before you make a long post, head on over to the official testing thread.

Is "Topic Preview" spoiler-free?

As of right now, NO, it is NOT spoiler-free. We haven't figured out how to keep spoilers out of the "topic preview" function. If you're worried about spoilers, steer well clear of topic preview.

What happens if the show catches up with the novels?

Nothing. The executive producers have a broad sense of where GRRM intends the story to go, and can always ask him for more details. They're fully prepared and able to continue on on their own without new novels to guide them.

• 2 months later...

Or, at least, we think you can! After looking at our options, we've decided to try a different approach from our initial, "Suggest a topic" route.

Anyone can now create a topic. But that topic will be HIDDEN until a moderator looks at it and gives it the okay. If it's too similar to an already-existing topic, if the spoiler level (see the board rules) is not clearly marked, if the title is itself spoilerish, it may not be approved. So, try to not do those things.

If someone could try and create a thread, we'd be interested in making sure this feature actually works. Please report here.

Note that if you tried to make a thread and it goes into the mod queue, if it's similar to an existing thread here, your topic may get merged with the other thread. So if you're about to make a thread on something very specific, check to see if there's another open thread where your post might fit. Or if you're wondering what happened to your brilliant "Do you think there is too much gratuitous canine nudity? I mean check out those naked direwolves" thread, check the "Nudity/sexuality in HBO's GoT" thread. It might be there!

Note that if you tried to make a thread and it goes into the mod queue, if it's similar to an existing thread here, your topic may get merged with the other thread. ...

I created a new thread earlier today. Do I get a PM if the thread doesn't get approved? How long does it usually take before a thread is being considered for approval?

It's really just when someone is around to see it. As it happens, your was approved just now. Probably the worst time will be in the late evenings, when most of the moderators aren't likely to be around.

Ran: Thanks! BTW, do you send PMs to people if their thread don't get approved?

Good question. I don't think we have an official policy on that. I'll bring it back to the mod squad for discussion.

Archived